Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Price of gas is heading into insane territory!
(03-11-2022, 09:45 PM)Ninurta Wrote: Ok. I finally bestirred my raggedy ass to go out to the Big City with the Bright Lights.

The closest gas station to me, a little mom and pop shop out here in the boonies where I usually get my gas, had it for 4.15.9 a gallon for regular. Every single station for the next 20 miles was at the same price of 4.19.9 for regular unleaded.

They were ashamed to post their prices for mid-grade on their signs, but upon closer investigation it seems to be around 4.52.9 most places. I never discovered the price of high-test (which now has an octane that was, back in the day, considered mid-grade). Diesel was running anywhere between 5.58 and 5.99 a gallon.

So I filled up on the return trip at my usual mom and pop shop. They have gone to "prepay" because of the outrageous price of gas. Used to be, they turned the pump on when you pulled up to the pump, and you didn't pay until you were done pumping. I went inside to just leave a fistful of cash with the clerk and go back out to fill up, with intent to go back and rake back what cash was left over, but she saw me and turned the pump on anyhow. It pays to be recognizable some times.

That "gas" is only about 90% gas and 10% moonshine, but my car is a hillbilly car, so running on moonshine is right up her alley. We got back home with minimal stagger out of the car - she's a real trooper!

My area went up again.

Regular      $4.49

Midgrade    $4.89

Premium     $5.19

Diesel         $5.29

No end in sight, yet.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Price of gas is heading into insane territory! - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 03-14-2022, 01:25 AM