Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The new military gun sight
(03-06-2022, 08:49 AM)727Sky Wrote:

Sweet Jesus.

I'm am inordinately happy that I am closer to dying than I am to being born. They're getting flat out stupid with infantry weaponry. If this trend continues, I see a future where no one wins wars, everyone loses. Everyone. Folks will eventually upgrade their weapons to pointy sticks and sharp rocks for the win.

Polymer ammo? seriously? Nothing like gumming up the works of your plastic rifle with more melted plastic to instill confidence in your weapon. Hell, I won't even use pure polymer magazines, because of the feed lip meltdown potential. Imagine what I think of using plastic in the parts that actually generate the heat...

And bullpup designs? Seriously? When are they going to give that crazy notion up? I've never been a big fan of having ammo explode right under my cheekbone. Additionally, I know of exactly ZERO bullpup designs that have ever been useful in warfare. They have all, so far, proven to be absolutely unreliable, or, in the more entertaining cases, downright dangerous to the operator. There is a reason that nation after nation flirts with a bullpup, and then moves on to a real rifle. Beyond that, there are infantrymen who get "promoted" to desk duty through the wonder of having their trigger fingers detached via too short a weapon. That's if they survive the cheekbone explosions. No desk duty for them when that happens.

What the hell is the purpose of that sweet potato looking blob blocking the muzzle of that alleged weapon?

So, yeah, I'm a has-been that thinks nations ought to gear up to win wars rather than plan on losing them. But what the hell do I know? I've got a 19th century mind in the 21st century. I fight bears with pointy sticks, so I really ought not to have any opinion on infantry weapons in the modern world.

So do what you wish. I'll advise my grandkids to avoid military service until the military provides proper equipment to proper warriors. if they never do, then just stay at home and sharpen pointy sticks. You'll still be technologically ahead. 

You ain't killin' jack shit at the claimed 800 meters with a melted, gummed up rifle. Guys with crossbows and atlatls will eat your lunch up close and personal.

It does give me hope that the allegedly most powerful military on the planet is leaning towards gearing up with marginally rifle-shaped paperweights. That means that guerrillas that may find occasion to oppose them, and who are not restricted by official dumbassery, have a chance.
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
The new military gun sight - by 727Sky - 03-04-2022, 12:00 PM
RE: The new military gun sight - by Ninurta - 03-05-2022, 01:06 AM
RE: The new military gun sight - by 727Sky - 03-05-2022, 03:39 AM
RE: The new military gun sight - by Ninurta - 03-05-2022, 04:44 AM
RE: The new military gun sight - by 727Sky - 03-06-2022, 08:49 AM
RE: The new military gun sight - by Ninurta - 03-06-2022, 10:24 AM
RE: The new military gun sight - by ABNARTY - 03-10-2022, 10:49 PM