Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Russia's New 'Conservative' Ideology To Counter Liberalism
Ideology is what it is, but Putin & Co. will have to get past their love of kleptocratic oligarchy first.

We have a similar problem.  The basic idea of "America" is great, but the way our government and society is operating today makes a mockery of the Constitution.

Most of what I've seen from Putin is yelping about how the Cold War ended (any Soviet failures were their own fault, something the Russian government today studiously avoids mentioning), and, a re-hash of Pan-Slavism with some adjustment for changes since 1914.  The latter is a paternalistic outlook, but with a daddy who is not altogether well upstairs.

I also think this globalist leftism movement that is running the West down should be countered, but with sound thinking, not a warmed-over stew of Tsarist and Soviet ideas.  Before Russia has anything new to offer to the world, my guess is their Cold War dinosaurs like Putin will have to pass away first.

Europe, like @Wallfire used to say, is screwed.  The clock is ticking on the next outburst of violence, one that will have little to do with Russian ambition or NATO's existence.

The USA is on the edge.  Not much further along the current path will be the end of the country.  Recovery is possible, but it will be difficult and be fraught with conflict.

Overall, it looks time for a change in many countries.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Russia's New 'Conservative' Ideology To Counter Liberalism - by F2d5thCav - 02-05-2022, 12:15 PM