Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
7 Signs That War With Russia Just Got Even Closer
Yeah, once again, the problem is that the big powers view situations like Ukraine as their "choice" while ignoring what Ukraine might want to do.

This for me is the key problem with Putin's stance, and one should note he is just as full of sh** as any other power.  There is nothing special about him and there is no reason why Russia can't choose to apply pressure in ways other than threatening an invasion.

Any SOVEREIGN country can choose its international associations and policy.  If they cannot, they are not sovereign.  This basic fact is all too often ignored when people look for reasons to excuse Putin acting aggressively.

The people of Ukraine probably just want to be left alone, but they are in the bulls-eye of both the EU and Russia.  Yes, the EU (read: mostly German business interests).

Take careful note that this is another EU "initiative" gone sour and for which the EU falls back upon NATO (read: mostly USA) to keep them from losing badly.

Ukraine is not a NATO member and my guess is they never will be.  Some kind of partnership may be practiced, but it will always be a light touch because of Russian concerns.

That said, I think a war will start, because the Russians have already massed troops near the border.  That particular action is almost always a sure sign that war will break out.  How much that war spreads will have to be seen.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: 7 Signs That War With Russia Just Got Even Closer - by F2d5thCav - 12-18-2021, 04:49 PM