Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Collaborative Writing please join in the story
Preface to the SHTF

The Chinese forces had been massing troops and equipment along the Taiwan straight for months but this last week there had been a doubling of equipment and personnel. The present commander of CENTCOM was already ordering the reposition of both Naval and Air Force assets to Guam, Japan, and Australia as a sign that America and its allies would not stand idly by and watch Taiwan be invaded.

The orders had just been issued when there was an urgent emergency klaxon alarm that brought all eyes to the big monitor in front of the room. It appeared the Chinese had just launched a hypersonic missile and the projection was for the missile to either fly over the continental USA or worse yet ??

Was this a bluff and another show of force by the Chicoms or was this the opening of a full out attack ? He would know in 11 minutes which way this would play out, one way or the other. The Red phone to the White house was lifted and the phone began to automatically ring. It was a full 2 minutes before a female voice picked up the phone. 2 minutesĀ for the commander of CENTCOM to watch the projected track of the inbound missile and 2 minutes for him to get so mad he could barely contain himself as he paced back and forth at the limit of the wire line connecting the red phone to its base and the White House..

Finally a female voice answered the phone sounding almost out of breath, " So sorry I was in the bathroom which took me a minute to get the phone".

With all the control Commander Dikes could muster he said, " I need to speak to the president "NOW" or one of the joint Chief's of Staff"!

"Uh I am sorry sir they are on the White house lawn giving a speech about build back better to the nation." I can run outside and get someone in maybe 5 minutes if you want to hold."

"Patch me through to the desk commander of the Secret Service," was all he said.

"Sir I say again everyone is outside even the desk commander."

Dikes did not explode at the female Sargent on the other end of the red phone but very quietly told her that they, CENTCOM was tracking a hypersonic missile inbound that should be overhead in less than 5 minutes.... "Standby the missile has separated into 3 war heads."

Commander Dikes hands were tied by the treaties that America would not be the first to us nuclear devices on any opponent; America would absorb the first strike and then release the dogs of war upon any opponent that dared to attack. He directed those around him to send out Defcon 1 to all the services and informed the Sargent on the red phone of his actions.

"Sargent I suggest you get word to the president as soon as you can and have him call me when he is available." Dikes tone of voice was low with controlled rage that the Sargent could feel the angst though the phone on her end.

"Yes sir," as she slammed the phone down and hurried to the White House lawn. She had just exited the cover of the White house when there was a flash way up in the sky to the east. The time was 07:30 in the morning. She urged her trembling legs to and even faster run towards the President and people who were gathered some 70 yards away. Then something happened as she lost all control of her legs and body as a splitting headache consumed her as she fell to the ground dead. An areal view would have shown everyone on the White House lawn and anywhere within 5 miles also collapsed into a lifeless form upon the ground.

Dikes knew the war heads of the missile had released an EMP attack evenly spaced over the North American continent and had issued a call to area 53 to mobilize under full response to code "BLACK" action plan "ONE" under sub paragraph "DECAPITATED."

Within 20 minutes the side of a mountain opened and Black triangular aircraft started moving away at incredible speed.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Collaborative Writing please join in the story - by 727Sky - 11-30-2021, 12:30 PM