Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Collaborative Writing please join in the story
Brianna was harvesting some green beans to go with supper from some of the plants that , to the untrained eye, looked like a bunch of weeds in a grown up field. Her parents had taught her to grow crops like this as it keep uninvited guests from stealing any of it. She looked up from her task to see Tyler running toward her. She knew immediately that something was wrong.

“I heard chatter on the radio.” he said, a nervous catch in his voice. “I think they may have heard Jay yesterday. They’re headed to the airport.”

Brianna nodded and said “We need to warn them.”

“I’ll go” Tyler said and Brianna shook her head.

“No Tyler. It should be me. I’m smaller and faster, plus I’m a better shot than you. I’ll be back here before you even miss me.” She was already running toward them house.

Tyler hated the thought of her going but knew better than to argue. They’d been in several dangerous situations and she’d proven herself just as capable of getting the job done as he. That was one of the reasons he’d fallen in love with her. 

Hardly any time had past when she returned, wearing black tactical clothing, her hair hidden under her hat. She kissed him quickly, hopped on the atv and was out of sight before he could say another word. He decided to keep himself busy by listening in on the radio and preparing their house for any defensive measures that may need to be taken.

Brianna picked the rougher but faster trail to get to the airport. Looking toward the sky as often as she dared, hoping to see the plane. Thinking if they’d just take off she could get back to Tyler and safety much quicker. Luck did not seem to be with her at the moment.

Jay looked up, surprise on his face, as she drove where he was standing with Sally and Ben. She began talking as she was climbing off the atv. “Jacob”, she seemed to be the only person who insisted on calling him that, “turn on the radio, Tyler heard something and we figured you better hear it too.”

As they walked toward the plane Sally blushed as Brianna gave her a knowing look. Brianna just smiled and gave her a thumbs up.

Jay switched on the radio and they heard voices speaking in a foreign language. “They are saying they are 25 minutes from this location.” 

Brianna nodded, “You need to get this bird in the air NOW!” She noticed Ben running toward his house, “Oh no you don’t.” She said and took off after him. “Ben! We gotta go!”

“No” Ben said from behind the door.

Brianna could hear the door latch. She stepped back, pulled her .38 and kicked the door open. She emerged with Ben. She had his ear in one hand and pistol in the other almost dragging him to the hanger with the atv Jay and Sally had borrowed. “Ben, you are not going to stay here and defend it. They find someone alive you know what they’ll do? They will make you talk and you my friend know too much. You’d be endangering all of us and if you don’t get on that atv and point it toward my house I’m gonna do something far worse than anything they can come up with!”

Ben got on the atv and started driving, Brianna drove behind him pausing near Jay and Sally just long enough to point at the plane then the sky. Then she sped away back the way she’d come. 

Ten minutes there ten minutes back plus time spent at the airport which would come to roughly twenty eight minutes. Not much time to spare. As they neared her house she hoped there was enough time for Jay and Sally to get in the air and for her and now Ben to get to Tyson. She again watched the sky and was relieved to see her home in sight. They parked the atvs and she ran to Tyson, her nerves shaky, wanting him to hold her and hoping for word on her friends but dreading news of the movement of the strangers who’s voices they’d just heard on the radio.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Collaborative Writing please join in the story - by VioletDove - 11-30-2021, 01:56 AM