Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Collaborative Writing please join in the story
It was a little cooler when I opened my eyes sometime later. Sally was still sleeping. Cally was laying near her. The coyote had taken to her from the moment she’d stumbled onto my property. She’d still get skittish if I tried to touch her but would wag her tail happily and beg for more whenever Sally was petting her. I decided to let them sleep a little while longer while I got our things together. I wanted to go at a much faster pace but I knew Sally wasn’t feeling well and I felt bad for pushing as hard as I had. I walked over and checked on Dennis. I’d taken him on quite a few elk hunts in some rough mountain terrain but I was a little concerned with him walking so far on asphalt. I ran my hands down his legs checking for any swelling and lifted his feet to check his hooves. He seemed sound so I turned to wake Sally but she was already awake watching me.

“You feel up to a little more walking?” I asked still concerned for her but ready to get moving again. 

“I’m ready” she said and picked up her .22. 

I untied Dennis and we set out again. I didn’t mention anything about John’s cabin being at Phillips Lake. I didn’t want to get her hopes up. Considering what had happened to both our homes made me doubtful that the cabin would still be standing when we arrived. I hoped like hell it was because I knew if there were any clues to be found I would find them there. Maybe John himself would be there and seeing him might trigger my lost memories into returning. I kept thinking of that syringe. Whatever was in it must have been used to wipe some of my important memories. I began to wonder if I’d get any of them back.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Collaborative Writing please join in the story - by VioletDove - 11-25-2021, 01:05 PM