Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Collaborative Writing please join in the story
I was both happy and surprised to see Cally but she did not seem at all interested in giving up her squirrel to the point of growling at my hand when I reached for it.

OK two can play this game so I pulled out the snake snack and made yumm yumm sounds as I faked eating it. She was enthralled by either the sounds or the smell but either or she approached. Cally having only one mouth had to drop the squirrel to eat the snake snack I was offering her and as she did I claimed the squirrel. Dogs and Coyotes do not savor a meal they just gulp the whole thing down as fast as they can I supposed to keep other pack members from stealing their food.

I built another fire and skinned the squirrel. The skin I gave to Cally for something to chew on as the rest of the squirrel roasted over the bigger than needed fire.

When I figured the Squirrel was cooked enough (call it past well done) to have killed any worms and bacteria the small hapless creature might have been carrying I cut the squirrel body in half and gave the half with the head to Cally. I could tell she wanted more but hey that was all there was for the moment.

I tried petting her but she was skiddish and retreated from my advances, bitch !

Big decision today was where to go ? Should I return to my burned out farm house to see what I could scavenge from either it or the barn ? I wanted to get the car or the truck as one night sleeping like this was not real high on my fun list. My car, truck, and tractor were all in the barn so if the barn stood, then a ride was only a few hundred meters away, I hoped.

I approached the burned out ranch home which was still smoldering and was able to see the barn had suffered the same fate.

"There went my rides"!

O.K. I am sore I am stiff and I am getting mad. What to hell could have caused this and why can't I remember ? Then the clue came back to my mind where I had written the supposedly geographical code. It was a news paper clipping from just two weeks ago (which must have been when I prepared the bug out bag) about the Chinese had started the invasion of Taiwan .

I called for Cally but she did not show herself so I went to the mower shed and tried to start the riding lawn mower. The auto start was dead even though I had used the mower just two days ago. Even trying to hand start the mower was not working... I worked on trying to get the mower to start for nearly 5 minutes before I started on the wiring to only find the wires crumpled into fried pieces of carbon at the slightest touch.

"What to hell"?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Collaborative Writing please join in the story - by 727Sky - 11-25-2021, 01:32 AM