Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Collaborative Writing please join in the story
I didn’t sleep much that night. While I was safer sleeping in the tree, there was no way to get comfortable with the branch digging in no matter how much I shifted. About two hours from dawn I must have finally fallen asleep because the next thing I remembered was the sun shining brightly through the trees, right in my eyes. I unstrapped myself from the branch and climbed down from the tree. I grabbed my pack and sat down to get my bearings and figure out what I was going to do next.

I decided to forgo any of the leftover snake and went for a drink of water, wishing it was coffee instead. Oh my God! Coffee! Coffee would be so amazing right now. I told myself to snap out of it and noticed I was holding a slip of paper in my hand. I didn’t need to read it, I knew what was on it. Just a few simple words

Get out of the city
-John

There were also a series of numbers written at the bottom. Coordinates perhaps? I needed to get out of the swamp and figure out my location to see if those numbers led to anything important.

As I began to pack up, I realized Cally was missing. Perhaps she’d finally gone off to rejoin the pack? She had stopped limping a day or two ago. I was suddenly sad. I know wild things should be kept wild but it was nice to have another living creature around. It had made me feel, not so alone.

I finished packing up and headed out. I was really looking forward to getting out of this swamp. I trudged on, boots making a slurping noise in the mud. Finally I found a dry area and decided to rest under a cypress tree. I was holding a bit of leftover snake in my hand, not looking forward to eating it when Cally appeared carrying a fat juicy squirrel in her grinning jaws.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Collaborative Writing please join in the story - by VioletDove - 11-24-2021, 04:28 PM