Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Great Global Warning Scare of 1977
(11-10-2021, 01:52 AM)guohua Wrote:
(11-10-2021, 01:46 AM)ABNARTY Wrote: I had never heard of this. Of course, that is me with 99% of things. 

It probably says more about the general public than the people who took it off the air after one showing.

That is Okay.
I never heard of it either, not until I watched that video.
They say there is only one copy of the movie and the director has the original T thin k.

Lots of BS in the films "industry".  I was just reading about director Sam Fuller yesterday.  He directed a film called "white dog" which was about a guy who takes on the task of "deprogramming" a dog that has been trained to attack black people (film is not "woke", it is from 1980 or so).  By all reports, it was a great film that examined a lot of ugly issues.

But what happened?  Well, the local NAACP got involved and protested the film's topic, and the film was shelved, never made it to the cinema.

Now, Sam Fuller was no beginner.  Maybe some of you have seen the war film "The Big Red One".  That was one of Fuller's films, a World War II classic.  Probably helped that the events in that film were those he lived as a rifleman in the 1st Infantry Division during that war, which he ended as Corporal Fuller.  Fuller was so pissed off with what they did with the "white dog" film that he became an expatriate in France, only returning when his health failed, and shortly thereafter he passed away.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Great Global Warning Scare of 1977 - by F2d5thCav - 11-10-2021, 08:01 AM