Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The American Bumblebee Has Vanished From Eight States
(10-10-2021, 07:29 PM)Ninurta Wrote: I also noted that "neonicotinoid pesticides" were listed among the reputed causes of the alleged decline, so there is potential for it to be a left-handed attack on tobacco growing as well. No matter - I'll keep on keeping on, because "it ain't illegal if you don't get caught".

That must explain why I haven't seen them on the tobacco blossoms that are still blooming.

I have a correction to make. There aren't as many flowers left in bloom as I thought right now. The little white clovers, flea bane, some goldenrod, a few black eyed Susans, the tobacco, morning glories, pumpkins and squash and the marigolds are all about whats left.

There was nothing but bumble bees out, 5 or 6 on the marigolds only, along with a large yellow jacket as well as a sulfur and a cabbage butterfly. Definitely American bumble bees. All were identical except one was a bit larger and had an all black abdomen. They were all very healthy looking and active.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The American Bumblebee Has Vanished From Eight States - by Michigan Swamp Buck - 10-10-2021, 09:11 PM