Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The American Bumblebee Has Vanished From Eight States
Ninurta,

Quote:I noticed that all the states mentioned are northern tier states. If the south is eat up with them, and "climate change" is a factor in their demise, then clearly they thrive in warmer climates - so if those states are warming up due to climate change, shouldn't they be thriving instead?

Interesting that these states where the bumble bee has supposedly "vanished" are along the same northern latitude. That certainly makes me question the climate change connection.

It also seems to be in cluster of states like Maine, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Vermont and even New York is mentioned. One poster on ATS who is in Massachusetts said they had plenty of bumble bees this year, strange how that isn't in this cluster. Then you have Idaho, Wyoming, and Oregon and North Dakota to the northeast (Wyoming and N. Dakota are other states posters said that they had them there).

I'm tending to believe that the study is fairly limited with little on the historic populations of bees in a given study area. I may be all wrong about that without finding the exact studies they were using to come to the figures given in the Live Science article. I haven't dug that deep yet. The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service will be conducting their study for a year to make a determination.

ETA: Perhaps this is all related to pesticides and herbicides or maybe I can "inject" some conspiracy theories into this one as a bumble bee pandemic of some kind, perhaps due to a novel virus the bees contracted from some other animal like bats. It was a bio-weapon virus created to eliminate all wild pollinators and replace them with GMO bees and other patented pollinators to charge all farmers for the pollination rights.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The American Bumblebee Has Vanished From Eight States - by Michigan Swamp Buck - 10-10-2021, 04:57 PM