Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Psycho-Spiritual Immunity in the Era of Mass Psychosis
(09-26-2021, 05:50 AM)Kenzo Wrote: Yeeh there is obvious risk from hallucinogenic plants/mushrooms .....or might be . 

Some herbs like lemon balm ( Melissa officinalis ) can also have some relaxing effect to mind

About 40 years ago, I was up on River Mountain in Russell County, Virginia, when I walked into a clearing in the woods about half way up the mountain. Right in the middle of that clearing was a plant. It looked exactly like a catnip plant, but was a lighter green than catnip. I got curious, wondering if it might not just be catnip that hadn't got enough sun because of the surrounding forest, so as was my habit I tore a leaf off and tore it up to smell it, to see if it was catnip or not. It wasn't. Instead of a catnip scent, I was assailed with, of all things, a strong scent of lemon. That was a curiosity to me, as I had never smelled a plant that smelled like lemon way out there in the middle of nowhere. It was the only instance of that plant I ever saw in those mountains. One lone plant, out in the hinterlands, none other like it around, anywhere. 

A couple weeks ago, an old friend from high school posted that she had harvested out of her herb garden, and lemon balm was listed among the things she had harvested. She said she could load me down with it.

Another curious thing is it's close resemblance to catnip. Catnip grew wild everywhere around my house, and it is useful to calm the nerves. While it makes cats batshit crazy (my sister's cat used to roll in it for hours on end), it has the opposite effect on people, calming their nerves. I made tea out of it for my second wife to help her when her nerves got too jittery, and it helped.

They must be related. They look the same other than their shade of green, and apparently have the same effects on people.

I should probably get some seed for that from my friend.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Psycho-Spiritual Immunity in the Era of Mass Psychosis - by Ninurta - 09-26-2021, 12:25 PM