Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Comms Off If Necessary
Ninurta:
I'm in agreement here, create an ad hoc, grassroots intel gathering network. An encrypted private meshnet can work. Even with the one watt output limit of WiFi signals, the "cantenna" directional antenna system can give you distance and added privacy with a line of sight signal. There are two-way options as well, even for encrypted data.

Unfortunately, it will have to come down to offline distribution when the government uses signal jamming devices to cover multiple frequency bands. Literal "dead drops" and "hand offs" to create a covert distribution network.

I remember back in the 80s when we didn't have an internet and used floppy disks to share data. I remember one that went around called "Operation Vampire Killer" that was being shared by the unregulated militias. I've received "hand offs" of DVDs more recently. These usually contain very controversial subjects you'd be hard pressed to find online or would have to purchase directly from the producers.

Just looked at the link . . .

"Let’s also not forget that police deployed a counter-terrorism ‘bearcat‘ yesterday, which has a plate on top that has the ability to disrupt signals and counter IED threats."

So they can jam signals, and this bearcat has thermal imagining too, of course. So mobile communications would have to be used to keep ahead of the jamming units. These could coordinate with meshnet nodes that repeat to other nodes at a distance that still have internet. Or go offline entirely at some point.

Messages In This Thread
Comms Off If Necessary - by Kenzo - 09-24-2021, 07:57 AM
RE: Comms Off If Necessary - by 727Sky - 09-24-2021, 10:33 AM
RE: Comms Off If Necessary - by Kenzo - 09-24-2021, 11:50 AM
RE: Comms Off If Necessary - by Ninurta - 09-24-2021, 09:03 PM
RE: Comms Off If Necessary - by Kenzo - 09-25-2021, 06:44 AM
RE: Comms Off If Necessary - by Ninurta - 09-25-2021, 07:53 AM
RE: Comms Off If Necessary - by Kenzo - 09-25-2021, 01:55 PM
RE: Comms Off If Necessary - by Michigan Swamp Buck - 09-25-2021, 03:07 PM
RE: Comms Off If Necessary - by Ninurta - 09-25-2021, 05:16 PM