Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Comms Off If Necessary
(09-25-2021, 06:44 AM)Kenzo Wrote: Yeeh i thought you know more about these issues

I guess passively record would be safest, and then smuggle the footage to place where upload is possible/safe . Encryption/VPN sounds wise

I dont know does the satellite broadband internet yet work ? i know they allready have many satellites, but is it available...need satellite dish for it of cource ,Encryption/VPN/TOR should use
for that too . Maybe it`s not wise to use satellite, since they could maybe more easely indentify .

Having video sunglasses might be good idea ?

Satellite internet has two problems: 1 - you still have to have an IP, and they can track you to that IP, even out in the middle of nowhere. What distributed networks and VPNs provide is a few thousand IP's for them to have to sift through. They turn you into a needle in a haystack, and hide which direction to even search for you in; 2 - Satellite internet is more expensive, and most companies either cap or throttle your bandwidth after a few gigabytes, so it could take days to upload a single decent sized video.

Satellite internet is good when it is the only option available, and there are places where that is the case, but you still have to take precautions to brush away your footprints into the electronic wilderness.

The glasses are a fine idea, but the camera lens is too visible, right there between the eyes. Might be a better idea to find a pair that has the lens hidden at one of the screws for the earpieces. Also a good idea to grow your hair out, to hide the bulky earpieces. That's usually where the batteries and electronics are stored, and it makes them look hefty. I have a pair here (no camera, just a pair of LED lights for fine work), and they have bulky earpieces like that. They recharge via USB, like a cell phone.

Buttonhole cameras are good, too - I had one that was mounted into a baseball cap with the lens hidden in a pin at the front of the cap. I also have one that has no camera, but 4 LED lights mounted into the brim. Batteries are in a little case at the back of the hatband, inside the hatband.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
Comms Off If Necessary - by Kenzo - 09-24-2021, 07:57 AM
RE: Comms Off If Necessary - by 727Sky - 09-24-2021, 10:33 AM
RE: Comms Off If Necessary - by Kenzo - 09-24-2021, 11:50 AM
RE: Comms Off If Necessary - by Ninurta - 09-24-2021, 09:03 PM
RE: Comms Off If Necessary - by Kenzo - 09-25-2021, 06:44 AM
RE: Comms Off If Necessary - by Ninurta - 09-25-2021, 07:53 AM
RE: Comms Off If Necessary - by Kenzo - 09-25-2021, 01:55 PM
RE: Comms Off If Necessary - by Ninurta - 09-25-2021, 05:16 PM