Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
When idiots are in charge what do you expect !
(08-29-2021, 05:57 AM)Kenzo Wrote: The source seem to be Hal Turner show . A source who has been known to distribute lies. low credibility source. Hal like`s to add lies to he`s storys .

The story does appear to have some "spin" tossed in. While not strictly inaccurate, some parts are misleading, worthy of a spin-doctor. For example:

Quote:Our communications technology encrypts in such a way that the encryption has no back doors and cannot be broken.   If China begins employing it, we won’t be able to spy on them or monitor their military activities . . . . even if they are invading OUR country!

While what is said is absolutely true, it fails to mention the fact that China, and even al Quaeda and ISIS, already have such encryption technology. Hell, even little old nobody me has such technology, which was actually recommended to me by a US Army cryptography expert, specifically because it was unbreakable even by military cryptologists and the NSA.

So, yes, they have taken it, but they already had equal or better encryption, so it's a moot point that we cannot break our own - we already couldn't break what they already had. Their possession of our cryptography means exactly squat, and changes nothing at all. We can't break what they already had, and just having access to ours to backward engineer it will get them nowhere in trying to crack it. The algorithms are all publicly available for inspection already, With a sufficiently strong key, hash, and password, it cannot be broken regardless of the amount of "backwards engineering" thrown at it. The end user, and best-use practices, is the strength of it. Most encryption is broken by attacking something other than the encryption itself, like a weak password.

In the case of public key encryption, like PGP, the encryption itself is never attacked. Instead, you put a sniffer in the middle of the conversation to capture the keys transmitted, and capture the subseqent message, then use the captured keys to decrypt the message. So having that technology itself means nothing without the key, and having the key means everything, even without the technology.

I actually have a copy of the encryption suite used by AQ and ISIS. I've examined it, but never used it, as I don't trust AQ, ISIS, or the NSA to have not installed a back door into it. It's basically just a re-implementation of PGP for e-mail messages, with some added functions like messaging applications and such, just a bundle of off-the-shelf pre-existing encryption programs repackaged with the Islamic branding label so they can claim they invented something they didn't.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: When idiots are in charge what do you expect ! - by Ninurta - 08-29-2021, 07:44 AM