Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
So, you want to know what PTSD is like ?
Its like standing inside a tunnel looking out into the light.....staring....motionless. It can creep up on you where your internal dialogue relives right along with your mind, events, moments, things you saw or did. Things etched into your head, your mind. Sounds or events  can remind you, they can quickly take you over and render you sloppy and dull. Sometimes shaking your head from side to side multiple times....... closing your eyes and shaking it out of your head as though it were a rock or chunk of something. And by shaking it, you could dispatch it from your mind and memory for the moment. But at some point it always comes back. At times, new terrors command your mind. But you have learned to be numb to it, to ignore it for great lengths of time. But it always creeps in.... My minds been bent, smoked, twisted and seen all manner of wonders or perversions. You just live with it, just shake it off when necessary and quickly change thoughts if you can. Weed can help, but I think it might well encourage flashbacks. Flashbacks of what ? Being a door gunner, behind a 60 machinegun.  And at times as a Grunt, from my earliest times. Our job was to insert platoons into the 'bush' and retrieve them. We also flew chase for B52's which amounted to parking five birds on a landing pad. A Cobra, a Loach and three Slicks. Playing Rummy or Spades was the usual pastime. So it wasn't all bad, but there were events and minutes spent in terror, a terror that would leave imprints. There was beauty, something timeless and colorful. In truth, most days were kind of like every other. Nothing making the rounds, no one injured or killed, and no monsoon rains to be out in doing guard with nothing but the moon to light your field of vision. Guarding an ammo dump. Something that could go up like a million roman candles, ending in one large blast. Of Course your vaporized. So yea, guard duty was a nervous and dangerous. Sapper Gooks were always trying to sneak in and toss satchel bag bombs all over, causing lots of hairy scary... I paid attention on guard, and occasionally popped a flare and fired off a couple bursts or lit the whole area up while we were under attack. Our places were usually large with as much underbrush removed as possible, and if possible on higher ground. But you know, this is my story, there are a thousand others from different locations and different people. Some like me, others completely unlike me. In thoughts and attitudes. My Moral character was still forming, I knew right from wrong. And it all happens quickly, a blast, or AK, the sound printed on your brain. Things like this happened once in a while, a couple times a month, sometimes more. Daytime was more secure, and many many were spent on some distant Firebase. Sometimes we would fly the distance our tanks would carry us and then refuel to be able to get back. Those were the easy days. There were night time attacks. Before you think us dark and sinister, we were your kids, your brothers and sisters, we were once  innocents.

And today I await. It lives in my mind and has been much tamed but it can't be undone. I just live with it 51 years later.  I remember much of it clear in my mind but foggy in a distance in my field of view. If I hear a Helicopter at any distance, I react. Time has become like riding on a board on marbles on a skateboard on the up and downhill sidewalk. Nothing is steady.
o7.

Thank you for your service to our country.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

@"PLOTUS" 
As F2d5thCav mentioned, Thank You for your Service.

I myself have had this issue from two or three missions in countries I can not mention when I was working in the MSS before I met my husband.
I mostly have deja vu from a smell or sound or people.
But mostly I'll have bad dreams sometimes.

Now my husband is not bothered with any symptoms', other than Nightmares (sometime) and he spent two touring in Vietnam.
But he'll tell you that he was one of those Hard Wired Mentally for that.
My husband will also tell you that his 35 years in the Agency left more bad impressions on his physic than his 6 years in the Infantry or his 6 years in the MP corp for a total of 12 years in active duty for the US Army.
During the day or anytime his mind is active, he doesn't have any symptoms, not until he is asleep and that is not common.

Just so you know, you can always talk to us, you are not alone here,,, Ever.  minusculebeercheers
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Some say that lithium oratate would help with PTSD . I may have some sort of ptsd, not war related thought....i do have dissociation/mental numbness kind of issue sometimes, and i do take lithium oratate everyday...thought i buyed it for brain fog which it seem to help.

The Marvels of Lithium

Disregard this if no need , i have bad habit to suggest remedys tinywhat
(08-05-2021, 07:02 PM)Kenzo Wrote: Some say that lithium oratate would help with PTSD . I may have some sort of ptsd, not war related thought....i do have dissociation/mental numbness kind of issue sometimes, and i do take lithium oratate everyday...thought i buyed it for brain fog which it seem to help.

The Marvels of Lithium

That is interesting, I do use Lithium with other Herbs for treating bipolar disorder or manic depression.
The Chinese Herbal Books will say it is a mood stabilizer medication that works in the brain
Lithium is found in most rocks as an alkali metal looking.
The Lithium I use and order is White in color.

An interesting fact is this substance is being used in Batteries, you have Lithium Ion and Lithium Iron Phosphate  batteries.
(08-05-2021, 07:31 PM)guohua Wrote:
(08-05-2021, 07:02 PM)Kenzo Wrote: Some say that lithium oratate would help with PTSD . I may have some sort of ptsd, not war related thought....i do have dissociation/mental numbness kind of issue sometimes, and i do take lithium oratate everyday...thought i buyed it for brain fog which it seem to help.

The Marvels of Lithium

That is interesting, I do use Lithium with other Herbs for treating bipolar disorder or manic depression.
The Chinese Herbal Books will say it is a mood stabilizer medication that works in the brain
Lithium is found in most rocks as an alkali metal looking.
The Lithium I use and order is White in color.

An interesting fact is this substance is being used in Batteries, you have Lithium Ion and Lithium Iron Phosphate  batteries.

Yeeh! it`s crazy tinylaughing  batterys and me both run with lithium..It`s interesting that TCM also knows lithium . Some areas in USA have high natural level of lithium in water, but i dont remember what was it.

I find originally lithium oratate from this gentleman from Uk

Balancing brain chemistry.uk
I don't know much about this topic. Both my dad and brother served in the army during wars. Neither of them seemed to have any mental problems when they came home, but neither of them talked about their experiences either. I'm sure most of it was things they'd rather forget. 

Thank you for your service. Glad to see you are handling your PTSD well. 

SALUTE!   
@"Kenzo" 
Quote:Some areas in USA have high natural level of lithium in water, but i dont remember what was it.

Mostly wells that have been drilled into an area were their drinking water runs through rocks.
Most states with good mountains not Arizona.
The 15 US states with the highest lithium content in ground water according to a study that ran from 1992 to 2003:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9755]

An article in JAMA regarding the association between lithium in ground water and diagnoses of Bipolar Disorder and Dementia: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamapsy...le/2680802

Lithium in drinking water from the Marcellus Shale regions (which is here, where I live): https://www.water-research.net/index.php/lithium 

I may not be as hard-wired as I thought. It may just be the lithium I drink that keeps me from going entirely off the rails. And here I was, thinking I was stable or something!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

[Image: raw.png]