Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The kill shot last week missed us
(07-19-2021, 07:07 PM)guohua Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 05:14 PM)Kenzo Wrote: Is there a known working technique to prevent the solar burst harming electrical equipment ?

I sometimes think about this, but i dont know enough...The idea is to get this kind of equipment, and store it in the way that solar burst would not effect it in anyway .

Portable Power Station

and few solar panels too for it.

Solar panels

So in case sun would cause trouble, i would just take the stuff and go make some coffee tinysure , which is highly important routine...even in the case of armageddon.

@"Kenzo" 

My husband has our fifth wheel rv completely self contained with 560Ah (amp hour) which is 7,168 Wh (watt hours) from 8 (eight) 280Ah Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries hooked up for a 12 volt system, using 3 (three) 100 Watt Monocrystalline solar panels we can set up outside when we are stationary and move into the sun and 1 (one) of the same type solar panels on the roof which is all wired into the TRIRON 3210N Intelligent MPPT 30a Solar Charge Controller, 12V 24V.
Yes we use a 150 amp BMS to manage the charge from our MPPT solar charge controller to our batteries so we do not over charge them.  

All of our electrical needs in our 54th wheel, both AC and DC is provided by the GoWISE Power PS1004 3000W Continuous 6000W Surge Peak Power Pure Sine Wave Inverter.
This inverter takes the 12 volts and converts to AC if you are using the coffee pot/microwave/vacuum cleaner or any thing that needs house current, yes I have ran the coffee maker and the vacuum cleaner and microwave all at the same time, we can even run our A/C unit for close to 2 hours before worrying about the batteries being low at night, during the day it is no problem.
We have turned off the Propane to our refrigerator when it was low and run the rv frig on the batteries for a week until we could get the propane tanks refilled.

Lead acid batteries will not do all of this and will only last for maybe 4 years, how do we know, my husband had for years used 4 big 115Ah a peace lead acid batteries hooked in parallel for 12 volt system and we were never Happy as we are now.

Yes we do have a 8000 generator we carry for emergencies but so far for the last two years we have had to drain the gas once the summer is over, we don't use it like we did before.

Everything I mentioned can be found at Amazon except the Lithium Iron Phosphate Batteries, they are best to buy from Aliexpress, yes from China where all these batteries are basically made anyway. 
Aliexpress has companies that will build the batteries from scratch and test them and Balance Charge them for you and provide Free Shipping to your door but because they do all this it takes about 5 to 6 weeks to get the batteries.
Yes we have bought 16 batteries from them 8 (eight) for us and 8 (eight) for my husband best friend and built the same system for his big 40 foot toy hauler we have.    

My husband did all this himself before he found the Youtube Sites that can help you build this for not only your RV but Home as well.

My husband built ours for about $2000.   

Here is a forum that can help: DIY Solar
Here is the young man's youtube channel: Channel

Whoa...nice set up!7,168 Wh is quite big .

I have buyed from ali Express earlyer, can you give me the seller details? LiFePO4 (Lithium Iron-Phosphate ) would be the best battery to me because it last longer ..i am not good in DIY electrical/batterys things thought, that`s why i like to buy product that is ready to use , do they build all in Ali Express ,with inverters and all ?

$2000 for all those is very good price to me.

Something just tell`s me....SHTF day is coming , and i would like to have some electricity .

Thanks for the links!

Messages In This Thread
The kill shot last week missed us - by 727Sky - 07-19-2021, 06:45 AM
RE: The kill shot last week missed us - by Kenzo - 07-19-2021, 05:14 PM
RE: The kill shot last week missed us - by guohua - 07-19-2021, 07:07 PM
RE: The kill shot last week missed us - by Kenzo - 07-19-2021, 07:31 PM
RE: The kill shot last week missed us - by guohua - 07-19-2021, 07:43 PM
RE: The kill shot last week missed us - by Kenzo - 07-19-2021, 08:02 PM
RE: The kill shot last week missed us - by Kenzo - 07-20-2021, 04:20 PM
RE: The kill shot last week missed us - by guohua - 07-20-2021, 11:11 PM
RE: The kill shot last week missed us - by guohua - 07-19-2021, 11:58 PM
RE: The kill shot last week missed us - by Kenzo - 07-20-2021, 05:59 AM