Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Forgive college debt and free college for all..Now the reason
(07-11-2021, 06:53 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: So many youth don't realize what they are protesting for; they just want to belong to the "majority", to feel they're a part of something big. Little do they realize how what they are fighting for will come back to bite them when/if they win. 

Parents need to home-school now more than ever. Keep these children out of colleges and universities. Send them to a trade school and they'll make a good life for themselves. That is, as long as we still have a free America with Capitalism.
And, isn't that the end goal?

While they convince themselves they are fighting against a "stacked deck", they are blissfully unaware that they are allowing, even encouraging, other inimical forces to stack the deck against them as well, just from the other side. They will never win until they stop allowing someone else, from either side, to set the rules for them. They fail to realize that when they are caught between two warring sides, they are mere pawns to be manipulated by one or the other, and often both. The only way for them to advance is to develop their OWN ideas, play by their OWN rules, and forego allowing someone else to do their thinking for them.

Oddly perhaps, that applies every bit as much to shills on the Right as it does to shills on the Left. Shills for either side are just getting caught in a meat grinder in the middle, and allowing someone else to set their agenda for them... and none of them seem to be able to see that. They actually often appear to actively refuse to see that, in their quest to promote someone else's well-being and enrichment. I have seen just as many inane, parrot-like unthinking commentary from the Right as I have seen from the Left, and it's disheartening.

I see it all the time on Facebook. I just stop interacting with anyone who descends into name-calling, like Hannity does on his shows. Once they get there, I know that their tank is empty, they have no more original ideas to defend, nor the ability to defend them on their own without talking points issued from above... and the Right is just as bad as the Left for that.

On TV, I keep the TV on for background noise all the time. If Hannity happens to be on, and I hear the phrase "sippy-cup Joe" fall out of his lips (which he does all the damned time), I immediately turn the channel to something like Gomer Pyle, Green Acres, or Gilligan's Island for a far more cerebral form of background noise that is less disturbing to hear, and far more well thought out.

Lemmings will never inherit the Earth. They will just continue to fall off of cliffs and drown.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Forgive college debt and free college for all..Now the reason - by Ninurta - 07-12-2021, 07:20 PM