Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Multi-stage Biological Weapons
(07-11-2021, 07:34 AM)727Sky Wrote: In the old days that might have worked but today with modern weapons all you do is make a target rich environment for a one shot/bomb that kills many type scenario.

Small independent cells with a common goal seem to be the most effective if history is any indicator. But then communication (especially in today's world) becomes a serious problem for joint operations. Nothing is easy ....

Quote:Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?

What he said.

The best defense at this point is mobility, but that isn't an option for me. Grace is not able at present to be mobile. So my fall back is surveillance and ambushes via pre-prepared firing positions. But that's just me. My goal is not to live forever, it is to weed out as many enemy as I can, take them with me when I go. The more I can take out when they come for me, the fewer the rest of the world will have to worry about. They will no doubt kill me in the end, but my aim is to make it as costly for them as is humanly possible, not necessarily survive the encounter.

Small, isolated "underground" cells are the way to go. Cut-outs, so that if anyone in a cell gets captured, they don't know who the other cells are, so the whole shebang for a given area doesn't get rolled up with a single capture.

Old school spycraft and underground organization. Communication via dead drops, leave your cell phone tracking device turned on but at home and not moving, that sort of thing.

Think it out beforehand.

ETA: I'm sure that, in this day and age of electronic mass communication, there are ways to send out coded mass alerts. That's not for me though. I'm a one-man show these days, and I'm ready to die whenever they are ready to kill me. I never intended to live forever anyhow, and am frankly amazed I survived this long. All I want to do is take more of them than they can take of me in the final tally. Even if I only manage two, that's one more of them than they can get of me, so it's a good score to take to Valhalla... but I have the positions prepared to take a lot more than just two.

It would, of course, be better for all concerned if they just gave up, and didn't come for us, but that isn't something they are capable of doing. It requires thought and cooperation, which they are not capable of. I won't go out and hunt them, because I am too old and feeble now for the rigors that involves, but they will not be able to resist hunting US, and that will be their downfall. I'm a live and let live kinda guy, and they are not. it's their weakness. It's what allows you to draw them to YOUR battlefield, as Sun Tzu advised in "The Art of War". Besides, if they did that, how would I ever get to Valhalla? Dying in bed don't cut it to get a ticket to Valhalla! 

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Multi-stage Biological Weapons - by 727Sky - 07-11-2021, 07:34 AM
RE: Multi-stage Biological Weapons - by Ninurta - 07-11-2021, 09:38 AM
RE: Multi-stage Biological Weapons - by F2d5thCav - 07-14-2021, 08:59 AM
RE: Multi-stage Biological Weapons - by Kenzo - 07-14-2021, 05:33 PM
RE: Multi-stage Biological Weapons - by F2d5thCav - 07-14-2021, 06:41 PM
RE: Multi-stage Biological Weapons - by Kenzo - 07-14-2021, 07:08 PM