Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ya gotta love Texas
(07-01-2021, 03:19 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: Sounds like this really is a mess with the commerce clause. Not sure if I would do it. And I don't see the current SCOTUS drastically changing course anytime soon. 
(https://buildingblocksforliberty.org/thr...ce-clause/)

Don't get me wrong. The NFA is simply another tool to attack the 2A. And make some money. The $200, back in the day, was a means to limit who was willing to forfeit the money to have an NFA item. Today that $200 is painful but not a show stopper. I heard they want to "modernize" that tax stamp charge in order to rejuvenate it's intended purpose. 

Myself, I am a Form 1 guy. Don't bother with Form 4's. Way quicker and I have had no problems so far. I don't like the dance but I do not choose the music.

As far as full-auto goes, the point is kinda moot now. No new manufacture of civilian machine guns has been allowed since around 1986, so theoretically the ones in circulation now are all there will ever be - which has pushed the prices through the roof. I have a friend who has an M-60 machine gun that he gave around 20k for. When you're talking numbers that high for a mere gun, the transfer tax is just an afterthought. But you've got to be as rich as 3 feet up a bull's ass to buy one to begin with.

Right now, suppressor manufacture is still legal, so more new ones can be made to be taxed. If they were to outlaw manufacture, you would see prices rise exponentially... but as long as Lowes and Home Depot exist, banning manufacture of suppressors is an exercise in futility. They're not nearly as hard to make from scratch with just a hacksaw and ingenuity as a machine gun is. The only critical tolerance in one is the bullet path itself.

Possession of one does not make one an instant assassin as the Left would have folks believe. They are far, far more useful to keep from annoying neighbors when you are at target practice, preventing spooking of all game in a 5 mile radius when hunting, and of course in preserving hearing, as a health measure.

In my opinion, which if spent together with a buck thirty five will get you a coffee at mcDonalds, the use of a punitive tax to restrict firearms ownership to the average common man violates not only the letter but the spirit as well of the Second Amendment - it sort of defines the term "infringement".

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
Ya gotta love Texas - by 727Sky - 07-01-2021, 05:08 AM
RE: Ya gotta love Texas - by 727Sky - 07-01-2021, 06:07 AM
RE: Ya gotta love Texas - by Ninurta - 07-01-2021, 10:22 AM
RE: Ya gotta love Texas - by ABNARTY - 07-01-2021, 03:19 PM
RE: Ya gotta love Texas - by Ninurta - 07-02-2021, 12:47 AM
RE: Ya gotta love Texas - by ABNARTY - 07-03-2021, 02:41 PM
RE: Ya gotta love Texas - by Ninurta - 07-04-2021, 02:16 AM
RE: Ya gotta love Texas - by guohua - 07-04-2021, 03:07 AM
RE: Ya gotta love Texas - by Ninurta - 07-05-2021, 04:36 AM