Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Amazon Devices Will Soon Automatically Share Your Internet With Neighbors
(06-01-2021, 07:09 AM)Ninurta Wrote: It won't work here, but it's a nice thought for them. Too many mountains that block the signals - so a repeater for 5g would have to be in my line of sight to work, and I bet dollars against donuts it wouldn't work long... and they'd never see the bullet or gunman that took it out.

It's a nice idea. I used to have both my wired house phone and internet through "Cleartalk", a service that worked over the air. So, if I ran into trouble, there were no wires outside the house for either phone or internet that they could cut to cut off my communications.

But that was in the flatlands, where signals travel. Not a possibility here. I don't get any cell signal here at all other than the one I generate myself with a network extender... and I control that one... It only reaches about 100 feet or so around the house, not far enough for anyone to take advantage of or use unawares.

They aren't offering it here yet, but I am sure it is coming.

Nothing is reliable out here. There is no clear line of sight. I can't even see my neighbor's house because of the trees and foliage. Cell service is sketchy. There is no cable, and satellite depends on which way the wind blows.

I have only been out in these woods for a little over twenty years, and reception is better than it was when I first came here, but I live less than five miles from a tower, and phone can't receive a signal. When I look up my area on the signal map, it shows up as a ghost zone. We have gotten used to it, but I am positive it will change soon. I see the handwriting on the wall.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amazon Devices Will Soon Automatically Share Your Internet With Neighbors - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 06-01-2021, 03:56 PM