Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Teen charged in death of 4 year old boy
(05-19-2021, 06:06 PM)Ninurta Wrote: I agree. Social media is likely even more insidious than traditional media. the propaganda spewed from social media outlets is coming from "people just like me", rather than alleged journalists in lofty positions above me, and is therefore more likely to get internalized into people's daily lives. No matter that the propaganda initially originates from those same journalistic hacks, the final outlet, the outward facing propagandists, are still people "just like me" even when they are just parroting propaganda prepared by the Higher Ministry of Truth, and are therefore more likely to be favorably received because people will not see beyond the perceived source to the actual source.

The really scary and sad part is that once it takes hold of our minds, it is almost impossible to break free.

I have had patients brought in, that have been so hooked into what they believe from their experiences on the internet, that they cannot see anything else as a possibility.

They live in a virtual world. Their ideas, beliefs, joys, angers, loves, are all attached to something that is not tangible. When reality clashes with their perceptions, the results are never pretty. Many turn to drugs and or alcohol, to try to blend their virtual world into the real one. It never works, so you are left with someone that has given up on the real world. Often times suicidal, or homicidal. Someone that cares little for themselves and less about you.

I tried to warn people a long time ago, that drugs were not a problem that was isolated to the ghetto. "Not my kid" syndrome flourished at the time. Now I don't know a single person, even in this backwoods country area where I live that has not felt the sting from the destruction of drugs on a loved one.

But we as a society never learn. Maybe our desire to be better than our neighbors, makes it impossible to just survive with them. So we continue to overlook the tsunami headed our way, making sure we all drown.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Teen charged in death of 4 year old boy - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 05-19-2021, 06:40 PM