Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why would I even want to?
We were in the same boat here - all sots of stupid covid rules that did nothing about covid but were just there to show us peons who ruled the roost, and tried to convince us that we'd better tow the line, or else...

So when restaurants re-opened in our neighbor to the south, folks from here were riding down there in droves to spend their money in another state. Even the Snowflakes who had, just a few months before, vociferously condemned the Free Folk for taking their vacations and "bringing the virus back" from them were going down south and across the state line to sit in a restaurant and eat. Oh the irony of it! I reckon it was just another case of "do as I say, not as I do" that the Left is so fond of.

I never wore a mask at all, except to go pick up Grace's medication. The folks there had no concept of law, and seemed not to understand "turn loose of me right now, coz I'm exempt in the EO!", so I would put one on as I went in the door, spend the 5 minutes or so to get the meds, then snatch it right back off going out the door. I NEVER wore one at restaurants or retail establishments, or anywhere else. Just the pharmacy, because it's real bad optics and super bad mojo to thrash medical staff and take what is your on your way out. They tend to take a dim view of that.

I NEVER wore one outdoors. That's just crazy. UV kills covid, sunlight is laden with UV, so why would I want to provide a shaded refuge from the UV for the covid right there on my face, right on my breathers where it was supposed to attack? Get outta here with that crap!

There is a street in Bristol VA/TN called State Street. The north side of the street is VA, the south side is TN, so folks on the VA side were just walking across the street for lunch, and their own eateries were languishing and dying on the vine, thanks to Gov, "Blackface" Northam and the Bristol City government. There was a big ruckus about that at the time in the newspapers.

I'm a Free Man. I will wear a mask where I want (generally only good for robbing banks and other nefarious criminal activities, though) and not wear one where I don't want. "They" ain't the bosses of me, nor are they my parents, so "They" can kiss my fuzzy ass if they don't like it.

Church Folks held services at the church at the bottom of my hill yesterday and the day before. First time since I've been here. They had a crew out there a few minutes ago pressure washing the church, so looks like they are getting back into the swing of things. I'm not a church going man, but I ain't above sitting out on my veranda with a sniper rifle to guard them from molestation by anyone, and by that I mean ANYONE, while they are about their own business. So, word to the wise, don't screw with the church folk within my eyesight, or scope sight, or several of us are going to have a very bad day. Anything worth fighting for is worth dying for, too. Freedom and rights are one of those things worth dying for if push comes to shove. So just don't push it and all will be well.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
Why would I even want to? - by GeauxHomeLittleD - 05-03-2021, 03:10 PM
RE: Why would I even want to? - by F2d5thCav - 05-03-2021, 04:32 PM
RE: Why would I even want to? - by Ninurta - 05-03-2021, 08:51 PM
RE: Why would I even want to? - by ABNARTY - 05-04-2021, 01:53 AM
RE: Why would I even want to? - by Finspiracy - 05-04-2021, 10:57 AM