Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Nicotine and Menthol as Possible Treatments for SARS-CoV-2
(05-03-2021, 11:25 AM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: You can find seed online. Virginia tobacco grows well for me in Michigan. I have a pot full of 2" seedlings ready to plant right now. Burly tobacco isn't so great when germinating and growing. I usually get very few of those to grow and don't bother trying to separate the varieties that have likely cross bred somewhat.

I have to plant indoors early or bring them in before first frost and grow them inside to get seed. But if you get them to seed, you'll have tons of tobacco seed for next season.

The tobacco I grow is very mild in flavor but high in nicotine. The light flavor causes you to draw hard and man you can get buzzed from that nicotine, esp from a pipe rather than a home rolled cigarette.

Most of what I worked in when I was a teenager was Burley tobacco. Folks started it early in covered beds, and some said they had to "gas" it under those covers to get it to grow. In late April or early May, they would take the seedlings out of the beds and transplant them into the fields. Most of it had pretty pink trumpet shaped blooms, other had yellow trumpet shaped blooms. I'd imagine hummingbirds went wild over it, due to the shape pf the blooms.

I'm looking at getting some nicotiana rustica (native tobacco, sacred tobacco) seed. It's stout as hell, so you wouldn't want to smoke much of it, but it was never for everyday smoking anyhow. it should, however, be just the ticket to extract nicotine from for making vape juice. Gotta be careful with that, though, cause concentrated nicotine is a violent poison, and can be absorbed through the skin - that's how chewing tobacco and snuff work. I probably ought to get another variety as well, for everyday smoking. I don't smoke any more, but you just never know when those bastards are going to pounce too hard on your nerves... so it pays to keep a stash, especially with the war on nicotine they've been waging.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nicotine and Menthol as Possible Treatments for SARS-CoV-2 - by Ninurta - 06-25-2021, 02:00 AM