Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Doug Casey On The Shocking 2025 “Deagel” Forecast
(04-26-2021, 09:17 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: Well, the "why" of it is indeed a good question.

Especially with the Germans and French wanting to crank up an "EU Army" to further their Continental System schemes.  Sounds like a force that should defend Europe (but of course, it won't).

Western Europe could have done more of the heavy lifting for their own defense since the 1960s.  The former Pact countries, of course, didn't get a start on that until the 1990s.  Ironically, at least one of those countries is a significant contributor to NATO, and all of those countries have political outlooks better grounded in reality than that of the ideologues in Brussels.

I was under the impression that the EU was supposed to be a purely economic combine, but they do seem to have been steadily moving towards a more political entity, something more like a "United States of Europe". I personally think that would get bad for all involved, but there again, what I think does not count, as I am not European, so I have no say in how they run their shop. I don't know if they haven't learned from the fate of the US experiment, or if they HAVE learned something from it - the US is rapidly evolving from "The United State of America" in to an "American Federal Empire". I find it interesting that the power players of Germany and France are pushing the hardest for a military consolidation to go with the political and economic consolidations, and seem to be dragging the rest of the EU members along with them willing or not.

Quote:Dunno.  I think it is better to fight wars abroad rather than on our home turf.  But given changes in warfare, that option will not always be there.

I used to think that, too. Now what I see is that all the little brushfire wars we fought on other folks' turf during the Cold War have all managed to find their way here, to our turf, anyhow. So I don't see a net gain in it any more. Also, the CCP unchecked militarization of orbital space, against international law, does not bode well for large scale conflicts remaining overseas any more, either. I no longer see the value of force projection when much more force can be projected right back at us.

Quote:As for our own self-determination, the problem IMO lies in the national power structures -- to include elements other than purely the government.  Too much vested interest from too many parties, and thus we remain entangled in situations far from the USA.

Cheers

Why not let the elements with vested interests fight their own wars, rather than using Uncle Sugar as their strong right arm? Uncle Sugar is on life support, and fading fast. If economic entities want to wage wars, why not force them to do it on their own? There always are, and always have been, hordes of fine young men willing to chance their lives for coin. I know that because I was one of 'em. So let those elements hire and finance their own wars, spend their own money on prosecuting them, rather than spending MY money to advance THEIR economic interests?

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Doug Casey On The Shocking 2025 “Deagel” Forecast - by Ninurta - 04-26-2021, 07:23 PM