Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
16 Year Old Girl Shot by Police in Columbus
(04-22-2021, 12:36 PM)drussell41 Wrote: Yeah, I'm really shocked that no one cares about the girl-in-pink's life.   And the disconnect, "I may just be in my backyard, doing nothing with my kids, and they'll shoot me!"   That was in a newscast I watched last night.  Well, geez, not unless you come at them or someone else in a deadly manner, like this 16 y/o did to the girl-in-pink.   Are we looking at IQ's of 75 or what? 

I had a response to that formulated, then rethought it and decided not to put it in writing for all eternity. The short answer is yes, right around that IQ level, on average.

Quote:A complete inability to reason and be objective?  A complete unawareness that a knife is a deadly weapon?  Saw someone else ask, "why not just tase them?"  Er....because if it's a potentially deadly attack, you need to stop it RFN.   It took the squad 6 min to get there.  It's my understanding that if the right artery is hit, you're dead in 5 minutes.  That could be ONE effective stab:  5 minutes.   If the perp managed to land several before being stopped....  So yeah, she had to be stopped immediately.

Precisely. when the knife is already aimed at the throat, you don't have time for trial and error attempts - you have to stop the attack. Every failed attempt at de-escalation is another hole in the victim's hide for her to leak out through. I have seen both pepper spray and tasers fail to stop a determined attack, so my go-to reaction is to stop the attack in the most efficient way possible, and avoid experimentation during an emergency that may leave the victim leaking out all over the pavement.

Some people have built up a tolerance to the capiscum in pepper spray, and will just continue the attack in spite of being sprayed. Other people can just soldier on through the discomfort, and put a hurt on their victim before someone gets the brighter idea to ventilate them. I have also seen people, usually bigger people (and this gal was no petite wraith!) just pull the electrodes of a taser out and continue the charge. tasers work against nerves in muscle tissue. If the probes get embedded in fat instead, they are far less effective.

Bullets punch right through both tissue types, and usually stop the attack cold.

Quote:The alternative is to abandon people to the fate of the jungle if they're unfortunate enough to live around people who think it's okay to assault and kill others.   That is not morally acceptable, but I fear it may come to that if things don't change.  I know one cop who said, "I would have taken a long time putting on my hat in the car."  Yep.  Keep attacking them for doing their duty, and this will increase.

It's morally acceptable to me, but then I may not be a terribly moral person. I'm entirely ok with abandoning them to the world they are clamoring for. it's their call - if that's what they want, let 'em have it, and move the cops that would have been protecting them out here to where sanity reigns, and where they are better appreciated.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: 16 Year Old Girl Shot by Police in Columbus - by drussell41 - 04-22-2021, 12:36 PM
RE: 16 Year Old Girl Shot by Police in Columbus - by Ninurta - 04-22-2021, 09:08 PM
RE: 16 Year Old Girl Shot by Police in Columbus - by drussell41 - 04-26-2021, 12:01 PM
RE: 16 Year Old Girl Shot by Police in Columbus - by drussell41 - 04-27-2021, 08:48 AM
RE: 16 Year Old Girl Shot by Police in Columbus - by drussell41 - 04-27-2021, 12:00 AM
RE: 16 Year Old Girl Shot by Police in Columbus - by drussell41 - 04-27-2021, 08:42 AM
RE: 16 Year Old Girl Shot by Police in Columbus - by drussell41 - 04-27-2021, 08:56 AM