Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Big Protest in Pakistan with people shot
(04-19-2021, 09:43 PM)Grace Wrote: Makes you scratch your head in wonder at the resurrection of a dead guy, and the current game the media is now playing..

Maybe he's Al-Masih ad-Dajjal. I wonder how many eyes he had?

Quote:Hmmm... in trying to figure this out.. they seem to be spelling Sayyid (prophet Mohammad family member) Rizvi as Saad... and while there are multiple ways to spell Sayyid since your recreating the sound, Saad may have another meaning in Urdu...

Urdu is pretty different from Arabic, but some terms get handed back and forth because of surface similarity, and then they are changed to make it easier for people to speak in that language. See the difference between "David" and "Daud". or "Jesus" and "Isa" and "Yeshua". "Sayyid", "Said", "Sayyad" and "Saad" are probably the same name, just different dialects.

Urdu is actually closer to the Indo-European languages. for example, "mother" in Arabic is Um or Oom, but in Urdu "Mother" is "Mather", not nearly as different for English speakers.

Quote:Who knows... I'll see if I can't manage to get to the bottom of this... although as DH says, dead guys are easy to arrest... lol

Indeed they are! it's not hard to cuff a guy who can't outrun you or take a swing at you!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Big Protest in Pakistan with people shot - by Ninurta - 04-19-2021, 10:45 PM