Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Will this be the next thing attacked
They are obeying the letter of the Constitution while violating the spirit of it, a fine line to walk. They do this by employing non-governmental minions like Facebook and Amazon to police the speech that government finds distasteful. Thus, it is corporations screwing with free speech, not Congress, and so the letter of the law is observed while it's spirit is repeatedly and forcefully violated.

In the old days, that sort of "public-private partnership" was the very definition of fascism... but that was before the communists misappropriated the term and changed it to mean whatever they wanted it to mean that particular day. Most recently, "fascism" is used by the Leftists to mean anything to the Right of Stalinism, but that was not originally the case. Fascism, as defined, was inherently LEFT, not Right. See, for example, Mussolini and Fascist Italy for practical examples and root definitions.

So, I have taken to rejecting any and all "news" gained from social media as inherently propagandistic, given the fascist tendencies of this government that are making hard use of corporate minions to perpetrate the crimes. I have also given up on corporate media for "news", and that includes Fox. The day that Neil Cavuto cut Kaley Macinerney off in mid sentence, simply because she was telling uncomfortable truth, was the last time I relied on Fox to provide impartial news. That single action gave a practical demonstration that even Fox cannot be relied upon.

And Amazon. Severing all connections with Amazon hurt me bad, but there is no gain without pain, and I am better off now for not doing business with them any more. That breakup was necessitated by their deplatformization of Parler. I do not use Parler, CANNOT use Parler - they will not allow me to create an account there, but I still feel strongly that all voices should be heard whether I agree with them or not. Silencing political opponents is not something a free country allows, no matter what they have to say. A free country would not allow Amazon to capriciously deplatform Parler if they are still providing web services to others... yet this government not only allowed it, they encouraged it.

You counter distasteful opinions and propaganda with facts and logic, not by simply silencing them. Simply silencing them is a tacit admission that they are right, you are wrong, and you have no cogent and viable counter argument against their Truth... therefore, they must be silenced rather than countered, because you are incapable of countering them.

This is how we can be certain that we no longer live in a free nation. America is no longer the Land of the Free, and it may no longer be the Home of the Brave, either. The next year or so will tell whether that is still the case or not.

All nations have a life cycle and a life span, just as organisms do. Ours appears to have died young. Rome lasted a thousand years. We barely made it 250. If a normal national lifespan is taken as 1000 years, and equated to the human lifespan of 80 years or so, the US died at the tender young age of about 20. Too young.

Mourn the passing of the United States of America, and hail the new replacement, the American Federal Empire.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
Will this be the next thing attacked - by PLOTUS - 03-13-2021, 04:25 PM
RE: Will this be the next thing attacked - by Ninurta - 03-13-2021, 07:18 PM