Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Staircases in the Woods
@"Mystic Wanderer" 

I have an interesting tidbit for you that involves stairs in the woods... and a huge black cat!

Back when the two oldest girls were extremely young (3 and 5 years old) we decided to take the trail through the woods behind us to go to the nearest convenience store for some much needed goodies. It was a nice day and it wasn't a terribly far walk. As we're walking down the trail we hear a loud "Meow" so we start looking around us for a cat. I started looking through the trees and bushes and saw a set of stairs. Now mind you, there used to be a house back there when I was a very young girl and a girl in my Campfire Girls troop lived there. The house had burned completely to the ground when we were still in elementary school and over time there were no traces of the house except for a few old concrete foundation blocks. Where the house once stood there was nothing but trees, vines, bushes and weeds and we had taken the trail through there many times without ever seeing any stairs but as I looked through the foliage there they were! 

This is where it gets REALLY weird: So I'm standing there looking at these stairs but before I really thought much about them a huge solid black cat with bright yellow eyes steps out of the bushes around the stairs and meows at us. The kids wanted to pet it but I said that we don't know that cat, it's probably someone's pet. The girls were sad but we went on and continued walking through the woods until we came out behind the store. Not only did the cat follow us to the store but he waited for us in front of the door and followed us all the way home and into the house! 

This cat was really strange! He would jump up on my dresser and stare into his own eyes in the mirror for hours at a time. He would come pull on my socks and meow just before someone would show up knocking at the door. Just crazy stuff! Anyway, he lived with us for about six months and then one day he was gone- just decided it was time to go I guess, though nobody knew how he had gotten out of the house.

I never saw the stairs or the cat again even though I looked for them every time we took the "bunny trail" to the store. Sometimes I wonder whatever happened to that cat.
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Staircases in the Woods - by Mystic Wanderer - 01-29-2021, 01:29 AM
RE: Staircases in the Woods - by Mystic Wanderer - 01-29-2021, 01:43 AM
RE: Staircases in the Woods - by GeauxHomeLittleD - 01-29-2021, 03:04 AM
RE: Staircases in the Woods - by Mystic Wanderer - 01-29-2021, 03:09 AM
RE: Staircases in the Woods - by Schmoe1 - 01-29-2021, 03:59 AM
RE: Staircases in the Woods - by F2d5thCav - 01-29-2021, 07:37 AM
RE: Staircases in the Woods - by GeauxHomeLittleD - 01-29-2021, 01:20 PM
RE: Staircases in the Woods - by MisterSpock - 01-29-2021, 07:42 AM
RE: Staircases in the Woods - by drussell41 - 01-29-2021, 07:49 AM