Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Do You Talk To Your House
And if a board is holding residual spook energy, where did the tree's spirit go? Plants are people too, you know!

The house I live in was built by my grandparents in 1964 or 1965, so not that old. My dad built the cabinets and the kitchen sink counter, as well as the closet/wardrobe in my bedroom. There is a lot of personal history packed into this house, no older than it is. 3 people have died right here in it, and a couple more have lain in state during their wake right here in this living room, about 5 feet from where I am sitting. ALL of them are buried in a mountaintop cemetery about 1400 yards /1200 meters northeast of here. probably the same one they'll dump my carcass into when I die.

The cemetery is about 200 years old. The oldest graves in it are so old that they only have field stones for markers, no names on them, but all of them are family. I can recall digging some of the graves in it myself, when I was a younger, more strapping fellow. I look around now and don't see anyone left to dig mine, so I dunno how that's gonna work.

Some of those folks are still around. I don't know for sure which ones. I can feel them, I can hear them moving around, but they don't bother me none, so I don't bother them, either. Every one, and every thing, has to be somewhere, so there is no point in getting my panties in a twist over folks who are not bothering me. Spooks gotta BE, too. besides, I think they might be keeping some of the more negative crap away from us. Why fire the guards?

So I don't talk to the house per se, but I do occasionally stop and stroke parts of it, let it know that I belong here same as it does. I do love my house, but there has been a lot of love packed into it over the years such that it ain't all me. I do sometimes wish I hadn't been such a prick to some of the folks that may still be here in it, but they don't appear to hold a grudge over it, so there is that. Some of 'em deserved every bit of the prickiness they got, but others were just caught in the crossfire, which they didn't have coming to them.

Some times, late at night, I can still hear my great grandma moaning in her bed, which she did for years before she died here in the next room fro this one. I don't know if I really hear it, or just imagine it - it's a sound I'll never forget, and it may just be stuck in my head from the long ago. I don't know how one person can take that much pain, and I don't wanna find out.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
Do You Talk To Your House - by VioletDove - 12-07-2020, 01:22 AM
RE: Do You Talk To Your House - by VioletDove - 12-07-2020, 02:41 AM
RE: Do You Talk To Your House - by Ninurta - 12-07-2020, 02:51 AM
RE: Do You Talk To Your House - by VioletDove - 12-07-2020, 03:19 AM
RE: Do You Talk To Your House - by Ninurta - 12-07-2020, 03:30 AM
RE: Do You Talk To Your House - by Wallfire - 12-07-2020, 02:44 PM
RE: Do You Talk To Your House - by VioletDove - 12-07-2020, 03:10 PM
RE: Do You Talk To Your House - by Wallfire - 12-07-2020, 03:15 PM
RE: Do You Talk To Your House - by VioletDove - 12-07-2020, 03:27 PM
RE: Do You Talk To Your House - by VioletDove - 12-07-2020, 04:04 AM
RE: Do You Talk To Your House - by Wallfire - 12-07-2020, 03:34 PM