Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Remote Viewers See August Event!
Just adding this.  I hope everyone stays safe.  I'm starting to get worried.   tinyshocked 

200 shooting stars an hour to streak across British skies on August 11

Quote:Stargazers will be treated to the best natural firework display for nearly a decade next week when the annual Perseid meteor shower peaks, bringing 200 shooting stars streaking across the sky every hour.
Astronomers are predicting that there will be up to twice as many meteors as usual as Earth passes through the debris field left behind by comet Swift-Tuttle on the night of August 11.
Swift-Tuttle orbits the Sun every 133 years and leaves behind trails of dust and rock. When Earth journeys through the field each summer, the particles hit the atmosphere causing tremendous friction and bright bursts of light.  
Earth always passes through a background hail of particles but in some years the planet meets streams from specific orbits which are more densely packed together.

And this doesn't make me feel any better!

Quote:“This year Jupiter’s influence has moved the streams closer to Earth, so all forecasters are projecting a Perseid outburst with double normal rates on the night of August 11-12.”

[Image: Flash_Point_%C2%A9_Brad_Goldpaint-large_...dd_esI.jpg]

Read more about the Perseid meteor shower here:  Source Link

Messages In This Thread
RE: Remote Viewers See August Event! - by Mystic Wanderer - 08-03-2016, 05:15 PM
RE: Remote Viewers See August Event! - by guohua - 08-03-2016, 06:39 PM
RE: Remote Viewers See August Event! - by guohua - 08-03-2016, 06:49 PM
RE: Remote Viewers See August Event! - by guohua - 08-28-2016, 12:10 AM