Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Grand jury decision in Breonna Taylor case to be announced this afternoon
(09-25-2020, 08:40 PM)Wallfire Wrote: Well if you have a "no knock" they must of applied for it for a reason, and after getting it why should they knock.

They usually get them with a claim that there may be potential "evidence tampering" if they knock and announce themselves. They say that the subject may, for example, flush the drugs down the toilet if they announce themselves ahead of time.

In my case, I have no idea why they applied for one. It was not a drug arrest as far as I know. Someone reported my cousin running around with a gun, so it was an arrest warrant for him (he's a convicted felon, not supposed to have any firearms), but served on the wrong house. He was actually standing on his porch next door watching the fun from a safe distance.

I never saw the actual warrant to know how they applied for it, since a) my name was not on it, and b) my address was not on it - so the warrant had nothing to do with me, they were under no obligation to give me a copy of it. So, I never saw it.

The first I knew of it was a glint of light along the top of a window from a flashlight beam sweeping across it, and when I checked that out I saw a silhouette of an armed man crouching around the corner from a basement door they were trying to get into. Couldn't tell who it was other than an armed man, and it just ain't safe to approach my house in the middle of the night armed, and then start trying to hide. That looks suspicious, you know? So I grabbed a rifle and went out on a second story balcony to settle some hash with some furtive people who appeared to me to be hell bent on a home invasion robbery. What I saw was about an acre of armed and jittery SWAT cops in my front yard. The rest is history.

Nope, it defeats the purpose of a no-knock warrant to knock and announce yourself anyhow. That evidence will sure as hell get flushed like that if there is any there to flush.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Grand jury decision in Breonna Taylor case to be announced this afternoon - by Ninurta - 09-26-2020, 03:18 AM