Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Grand jury decision in Breonna Taylor case to be announced this afternoon
@"Mystic Wanderer" - So it's a "he said, she said" situation, like most things. 

I don't, not even for a millisecond, believe that police knocked and "loudly" announced themselves during service of a no-knock warrant. I don't buy that even slightly, and I don't even care whether he said they did or she said they did. That is NOT how "no-knock" warrants work. It defeats the purpose.

But, let's assume for the sake of argument that they did violate policy and procedure and invalidate a no-knock warrant by doing everything you DON'T do in serving one. Let's say they did.

You're at home in the wee dark hours, there is a knock at the door and someone  on the other side claims to be a cop. What are YOU going to do? Are you going to bet your life that it really IS a cop and not someone trying to get you to open the door for an easy home invasion robbery?

I know not what course others may take, but as for me, I'll light those mothers up, too. if a cop wants to talk to me or poke around in my belongings, he damned well better treat me like an adult male human. Treat me like a man, you get the same in return. If he kicks the door in like a cheesy 70's cop show, he gets the same as any other home invader.

Furthermore, these cops were not in uniform. they were "plain clothes" officers. Who in the hell thought it was a good idea to send folks looking like Average Joe Thug to kick a door in in the middle of the night? What made the cops themselves think that was a good idea? If I were in their shoes, I'd have refused the order as a bone-head move, and told them to send someone else, someone in a uniform, and let internal affairs sort it out later.

I say these things as the target of a "no-knock" warrant served on the wrong house a few years back. The only reason I am still alive today is they could not get in (I take my personal and home security serious), and the only reason they are alive today is they were in uniforms with "SWAT" in great big letters across their backs. I had every intention of lighting them up when I saw the first one hiding around a corner of the house. That's why I went out armed - I was going to leave bodies laying all over my yard. They saw me, but couldn't get to me even if they shot me, and I saw them at about the same time. Everybody pointing guns at everybody, but we got it sorted out with no one getting shot, and they never were able to get a hand on me.

But that "no-knock" crap needs to be illegal, and even if it isn't, it should NEVER be done by plain clothes officers. that's just asking for a body count. For example, Taylor never shot at them, and they never hit the guy that DID. It was a flat out murder, and someone, either the dumbasses who served the warrant or the official(s) that thought it was ok, needs to answer for it. I personally would prefer it be both, as there was enough stupid government tricks in this situation for everyone to take a share in it.

See how I never mentioned race at all there? It's not a race thing, no matter how badly Antifa and BLM and the Democrats try to make it one. It's a human thing, a lack of common sense thing, but not a race thing. We are all subject to it, regardless of skin tone. For example, I'm not black, but there I was.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Grand jury decision in Breonna Taylor case to be announced this afternoon - by Ninurta - 09-25-2020, 08:09 PM