Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Grand jury decision in Breonna Taylor case to be announced this afternoon
(09-25-2020, 06:40 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
Quote:
Quote:Actor and director George Clooney said in a statement to Deadline: "The justice system I was raised to believe in holds people responsible for their actions. Her name was Breonna Taylor and she was shot to death in her bed by 3 white police officers, who will not be charged with any crime for her death. I know the community. I know the commonwealth. And I was taught in the schools and churches of Kentucky what is right and what is wrong. I’m ashamed of this decision."

I truly hate it when I'm forced to agree with Clooney, but here I am. I don't care what color Taylor was. I don't care what color the cops were. Clooney had no need to even mention irrelevancies like that. This was flat out cold-blooded murder during the commission of a home invasion by state-licensed killers. According to the Bill of Rights of the US Constitution, Taylor had the right to be secure in her life, property, and effects just like I do. Skin color is irrelevant, and her constitutional rights were violated in extremis. They were, literally, violated to death. Someone should be going to death row over it, but not so much as a slap on the wrist.

I can't trust Antifa - they're trying to take my rights away. I can't trust BLM or the rioters, because they are trying to take them, too. Now I can't trust the police in some jurisdictions, because not only are they trying to take my constitutional rights, they are also licensed to kill me for no good reason at all. I don't have to break any laws - I don't even have to leave my house. they can kick my door in and kill me "just because", with impunity.

That well and truly pisses ME off.

@"Ninurta", there are several "wrong" stories circulating out there. From reading your reply, I gather you read one of those.
Here is what happened:

Quote:The media reported that Breonna Taylor, who at first glanced seemed like a good person who was trying to get ahead in life by doing all the right things, was shot during the actions of a “no knock” warrant, and that was a lie.  There was a “no knock” warrant, but witnesses have come forward and confirmed that police did knock on the door and they identified themselves.

The media also reported that Taylor was shot while in her bed, and that too was a lie, but the most egregious lie reported by the media is that Taylor was “murdered” by police.  Her boyfriend, who was there at the time of the incident, began shooting at police.  This was after they knocked and announced they were police.  Once the boyfriend began shooting, the police had the right to defend themselves, and unfortunately Breonna Taylor was struck multiple times and killed.

Everything the media and many things the lawyer, Ben Crump, said in regards to the death of Breonna Taylor including the circumstances around her death was based on lies. Kentucky officials allowed a mountain of lies to build up until the evidence was finally presented to a grand jury and the Kentucky Attorney General was forced to admit the truth.

According to evidence revealed at a press conference by AG Daniel Cameron, the police executed a search warrant by first knocking on the door.  Breonna Taylor and her boyfriend Kenneth Walker refused to answer the door after the police loudly identified themselves. Following procedure, the police broke down the door.  Kenneth Walker had a gun and started shooting at the police. He shot first.  That’s important to remember.  The police fired back in self defense,  and that’s how Breonna Taylor was shot and killed.
Source

The media never waits for the real truth to come out. They saw an opportunity here to further their "race" agenda and used it. Now several riots have been set off because of this.
I can't confirm this, but I've heard that her boyfriend was a known drug dealer. That's probably why he wouldn't open the door. I also heard that he got behind Breonna, so when the police fired back, they struck her. (Hearsay).  If this is true, he was a coward who used he girlfriend as a shield. He's a POS!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Grand jury decision in Breonna Taylor case to be announced this afternoon - by Mystic Wanderer - 09-25-2020, 04:35 PM