Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Grand jury decision in Breonna Taylor case to be announced this afternoon
This is hard for me to say.

I understand the sentiment, and would entirely support the riots in this particular case if they were more discriminating in their targeting. If the assault were on City Hall, the people who actually allowed these "no knock" warrants, then I'd be all for it.

But that's not the target. The targets are more innocent, and generally defenseless, people. People no more able to defend themselves or at fault for anything that Brionna Taylor was as she slept.

That makes the rioters cowards, every bit as cowardly as the officers who shot Taylor, and no different from them. I can't support that, not in any way. I didn't support the cops who did it, and I won't support their successors and compatriots in the Angry Mob.

"No knock" warrants are wrong, on every level. There is no way to make them right, no universe in which they are proper. The culpable people here are the officials who allowed them, and the specific cops who carried them out. Not the general populace, not shopkeepers, not innocent civilians, not cops in general. Yet those are the very people having to pay the bill for what the culpable people have allowed and done.

Because Mob Rule is The Rule of Cowards. Instead of going after the dangerous targets, they choose soft targets instead.

Chicken shit bastards, all of 'em.

Grow a pair. be discriminating and selective in your targets. Go after the guilty, not the easy and innocent. Do that, and I'm right there with ya.

Until they do that, however, they can all kiss my fuzzy ass.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Grand jury decision in Breonna Taylor case to be announced this afternoon - by Ninurta - 09-24-2020, 02:16 AM