Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My struggle with depression
Thank you all so much! Such wonderful replies, advice and support. Just having all my windows open, with all kinds of sunlight streaming in, is such a wonderful remedy for the blues. I’m watching NFL Red Zone, so all the football games are on for me to look at. My brand new vacuum cleaner works very well. I actually cleaned out my dryer vent, and I was amazed at how much it got out of there. I actually had to empty the vacuum canister just from that! I also got a new air fryer, as I anticipate not going out to eat as much since I don’t like to eat indoors. 

I’m also thinking about all the things I”m grateful and thankful for. I’m so thankful for this site, and how awesome you all are! I post stuff I’m not willing to put out there on Facebook. I’ve found out the hard way that my Mom, despite not being on Facebook, finds out about my posts and gets on my case for sharing too much. So the stuff I won’t put on Facebook, I put on here instead. You all aren’t judge mental like some on Facebook are. I really like that. 

As far as my thoughts on God and my faith, that is always a work in progress. I do talk to God and pray sometimes. I asked Him to forgive me for my lack of faith and said I would keep working to improve that. I really think He does listen. We are all sinners, and God gives us free will to mess up our lives as much as we want to. I will keep a dialogue with Him. 

And I will look for a psychotherapist to talk to about my feelings and that, and how I can cope with this all better than I am. I don’t tell my hubby about this stuff, because being in the nursing home, not being able to even leave his room, I imagine he’s going through more than I ever am. So I try and keep it light with him. We did have a conversation a few days ago, when he said he was worried about me. He can seem to read in between the lines, and I have a hard time bullshitting him. He knows me all too well. He said he will be there for me. After getting off the phone, I sobbed for awhile. He’s just the best thing that’s ever happened to me. 

I will keep you all in my prayers. I know so many are struggling. I feel guilty when I complain, because I know so many have it way worse. I love life, and the little things. I saw a bunny the other day, and it was peeking at me from below my concrete patio. It was almost like it was waiting for me to notice it, and then he wiggled his little ears. He did this for a few minutes. I was smiling, and talking to him. I reminded him he’s safe at my home, and he can stay as long as he wants. He was so cute. Then I saw the woodpeckers. There is a male and female, and I have named them Woody and Wendy. They take turns on the bird feeder, and they both will go through birdseed to get a peanut. 

I really appreciate all the love, kindness, and friendship you all have shown on here. Some of you sent PM’s too. Thank you for that. Just know if any of you need to talk or whatever, just PM me.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]

Messages In This Thread
My struggle with depression - by ChiefD - 09-20-2020, 01:31 AM
RE: My struggle with depression - by beez - 09-20-2020, 01:42 AM
RE: My struggle with depression - by Moonmagic - 09-20-2020, 02:06 AM
RE: My struggle with depression - by PLOTUS - 09-20-2020, 03:08 AM
RE: My struggle with depression - by Finspiracy - 09-20-2020, 04:15 AM
RE: My struggle with depression - by drussell41 - 09-20-2020, 06:42 AM
RE: My struggle with depression - by F2d5thCav - 09-20-2020, 07:29 AM
RE: My struggle with depression - by gordi - 09-20-2020, 08:54 AM
RE: My struggle with depression - by ChiefD - 09-20-2020, 09:10 PM
RE: My struggle with depression - by guohua - 09-21-2020, 08:41 PM