Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The power of the MIC
(09-10-2020, 08:26 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: Apparently, retired generals McMaster, Kelly, and Mattis will all be on Anderson Cooper's show.

MIC indeed.

I wonder what happened to the old ethos of "in public, keep your mouth shut about politics".  Nobody knows what a swim lane is anymore.

Cheers

I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God

So which is more important, to protect the Constitution against enemies or obey the President of the United States? Does the first oath take precedence or the latter? I don't think they assumed they'd conflict so both were added in the sacred oath.

Many feel there is a confliction here and not just screaming terrorist lefty libtards. Many of our patriotic concerned citizenry feel that the President is a Russian asset. Given that set of circumstances where do allegiances lie, with a sacrosanct piece of paper or the paper tiger that uses it in inappropriate ways to meet what appear to many to be personal ends?

Everyone is being forced into choices, including previous Generals wjo are now private citizens by the by.

There is a time to fall on one's sword and a time to wield it. If these men truly do appear on Coopers show, it will be fascinating to see which they do. Either way, their private citizenry leaves them in a uniqie position.
internet Agent Provocateur

Messages In This Thread
The power of the MIC - by 727Sky - 09-10-2020, 06:33 AM
RE: The power of the MIC - by 727Sky - 09-10-2020, 07:58 AM
RE: The power of the MIC - by F2d5thCav - 09-10-2020, 08:26 AM
RE: The power of the MIC - by 727Sky - 09-10-2020, 01:36 PM
RE: The power of the MIC - by Antisthenes - 09-10-2020, 07:51 PM
RE: The power of the MIC - by F2d5thCav - 09-10-2020, 06:33 PM
RE: The power of the MIC - by 727Sky - 09-12-2020, 12:56 PM