Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Big explosion with many killed in Beirut
(08-10-2020, 02:44 AM)hounddoghowlie Wrote: look at what just two and a half tons did to the Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City, then read about the Texas City Tx blast in 1947.

Indeed! That was TWO AND HALF TONS of premixed ANFO, and it obliterated one half of ONE building, because it was set beneath it and blew out structural supports. This explosion was far more powerful than that. It would have taken more pre-mixed and confined ANFO than the entire waterfront could hold.

Quote:also some fire works contain metals that when burning can react with an. another this is what fire works are made of (charcoal, sulphur, and potassium nitrate). it's possible that the burning that propels the shells, drove them into the an and burned and then explode releasing the metals, sulpher and other gasses.

Yup. I used to make my own black powder, too, and I understand what goes into it. It IS possible that a burning firework burrowed into a pile of AN, but it's far less likely that it would have exploded. See the wiki quote below - 

Quote:here is a wiki cause it's fast.

Quote:Ammonium nitrate can explode through two mechanisms:

All explosions are simply a rapid burning. The faster the material burns, the more pressure is generated. Notice how the wiki specified that ANFO must be contained. That's because it doesn't burn fast enough to create an explosion without containing the generated gasses. It's the pressure of those gasses against the confinement container that causes the explosion. 

SO - for that to have been an ammonium nitrate explosion, the AN had to have been pre-mixed with accelerant, AND it had to have been packed in convenient containment... which would make it less likely to have been set off by an errant firework,

Quote:fairly sure no missile or moab was used. and it was just what is said has happened. just because it happened in a troubled country in the middle east that a lot a shit happens in, doesn't mean it wasn't a accident or negligence.

shit happens everywhere and it's not always nefarious or a false flag.

Like you, I'm fairly sure that there was no external missile or a MOAB. I'm equally sure that it was not an AN explosion. Now, rocket fuel from Hebollah rockets stored there, that might have done the trick...

The "false flag" aspect does not come into play until the faked missile video hit the webs. Someone was trying to throw it off on Israel, and went to the extent of manufacturing a fake video, coming from the wrong direction. They didn't do their proper homework.

My money says it was a Hezbollah ammo dump, and they are trying to hide that fact by throwing shade on the Israelis.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Big explosion with many killed in Beirut - by Ninurta - 08-10-2020, 07:28 AM