Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Detective Doctor or Why I Took My Cat To The Vet
Cats don't like a dirty litter box, period!  I make a habit of scooping mine out every evening around 8 p.m. Cats are routine creatures. They know when it's feeding time, and when their litter box is due to be cleaned. If their routine isn't followed, they can become quite vocal. I'm speaking from my personal experiences.

If cats step on the feces or urine in the box, they can get diseases when they lick their paws.  Once a day scooping leaves them plenty of room to step between scoops. I use the clumping kind of litter so I get the urine and poop out everyday. Then I add a scoop of fresh litter on top. That usually does the trick until I change the litter completely once a month. I would do it more often, but it's really hard on me with my disabilities.

Any time I miss my evening scoops I'm greeted with poop outside the litter box. This doesn't happen often, only if I'm down in my back and can't bend over to do it.  My hubby refuses to do it because he says he will puke.  So, on rare occasions it has to wait a day, and I always know what to expect when I walk in.

I had a friend who said her cat got mad at her for bringing in another pet so it pissed in her shoe. tinylaughing

It's just life living with a cat.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Detective Doctor or Why I Took My Cat To The Vet - by Mystic Wanderer - 08-02-2020, 05:12 PM