Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Detective Doctor or Why I Took My Cat To The Vet
(08-02-2020, 03:06 AM)LookingForABetterLife Wrote: By that I mean she started asking questions about the cat's living environment.  Six weeks ago I had a cast put on my right wrist after wrist surgery.  As I have been mostly one handed dad has volunteered for litter box duties.  The detective doctor pointed out that Worm's problems started at this time.  I haven't been checking the box but got the feeling (actually the smell from the box) that all was not right.  Therefore I checked the enclosed litter box yesterday to find (like with just about every other issue I have) that dad was the problem.  At most the miser dad had at most two handfuls of litter in the box that should have been changed about a week ago.  I corrected this error the best I could which means the kitties have plenty of litter in the now cleaner box and I'll be checking much more often.  Mr. Worm was ready for me to pick him up at 5 pm Friday and hasn't caused any problems since.

Most of them don't like change very much, and can act out. Animals develop many ways to let you know what they feel and think. My Lazarus was a dog/cat and he knew when someone didn't like him. He would stalk them, jump in their laps and demand their attention. He had a thing about men that had been drinking. A female that had been drinking didn't bother him, but if a man had been drinking and came to visit, he would sit on their feet and urinate.

Damnedest thing you ever wanted to see. I don't mean drunk, he could tell if they had had only one drink. I guess he didn't like it, so he would urinate on their feet. Lazarus was a crazy ass cat. He used to do some of the most unbelievable things. He really didn't know he was a cat. Raised with dogs after being rescued at only three weeks of age, did a number on him. He lived for 21 years, was alpha of the pack, and ruled the house. Both his humans and his Rhodesian Ridgeback pack deferred to him, and spoiled him rotten.

Glad nothing was serious with Mr. Worm. Things should go back to normal.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Detective Doctor or Why I Took My Cat To The Vet - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 08-02-2020, 04:07 AM