Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I ran over our dog. Part III. The Surgeon.
(07-27-2020, 03:08 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
(07-27-2020, 01:57 PM)Bally002 Wrote:
(07-27-2020, 01:39 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(07-25-2020, 12:18 AM)Bally002 Wrote: Perhaps save it for our happy reunion with her.

Brother Bally ... any updates?

Yes, will update with a new thread tomorrow (Tuesday) evening our time.  Leaving early in the morning to pick girlie up from Coffs Harbor and return her to our local vet.  All options given a chance and her leg will come off later this week.

We're all a bit gutted.

I will post another thread.

Thanks for your concern,

Bally

As I've already said in this thread, it sounds worse than it is.  I had to go through everything you are with one of my former kittens. He ended up having to have one of his back legs removed, but he still got around just fine. Your dog will do the same after learning how to balance herself appropriately, and in her latter years she won't be suffering with arthritis from the pinned-together leg.

I think you made the right choice.
Thanks MW.  Not really our choice but the injuries surpass any need for her to undergo continuing surgeries that the surgeons cannot safely say the leg will not be amputated later down the track.  Off on the road soon to pick her up for the transfer.  I requested extra pain killers for her.

Kind regards,

Bally

Messages In This Thread
RE: I ran over our dog. Part III. The Surgeon. - by Bally002 - 07-27-2020, 08:19 PM