Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I ran over our dog. Part II. The Vet.
(07-23-2020, 05:24 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Glad to hear she's going to be okay.

I had a cat that had his back leg crushed by a table that fell on him. I had the same options as you. I went with pins and seeing if the bones would heal together first, but that didn't work out. To make a long story short, I had to go with amputation of the leg.
I was worried that he wouldn't be able to get around, but once he healed, he ran through the house and jumped on things almost as well as the other cats. He chased them and seemed to be very happy. He developed very strong muscles in his front legs to carry the weight of not having his rear leg.

So, if you're worried that your baby won't be able to get around without her leg, put that out of your mind.

Also, you might want to consider that all the pins and damage to her leg will cause severe arthritis as she ages.

Hello MW.  I took what you said on board.  I'm sure girlie will adjust to whatever.  Just a waiting game at this stage.  Fingers crossed for the best outcome for our dog.

Cheers,

Bally

Messages In This Thread
RE: I ran over our dog. Part II. The Vet. - by drussell41 - 07-23-2020, 04:05 PM
RE: I ran over our dog. Part II. The Vet. - by Bally002 - 07-24-2020, 09:51 AM