Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Have we talked about, Planned Parenthood?
(07-07-2020, 09:35 AM)Lumenari Wrote:
(07-07-2020, 07:31 AM)Moonmagic Wrote:
(07-07-2020, 04:19 AM)Antisthenes Wrote: It's fascinating how people's words can be taken out of context, have quotation marks thrown around them and then used to glorify or vilify. Critical thought is a vital thing if we're not to be led down a path that may be one chosen for us to complete anothers agenda as opposed to one we walked because we had an accurate map of where we're heading.
    Metaphor and analogy can no longer be used in our every day speech because we have lost our ability to critically analyze and are asash in a sea of literalism. A shame really as it takes the desire to write eloquently away and leaves us with some very unsatisfactory prose.
     It really makes me wonder if there is any hope for mankind to ever elevate beyond the squabbling and being brought to our knees, hopelessly arguing about things that ultimately have no value because they simply aren't absolutely based in truth.

I agree with your post, especially on critical thought, It's vital and rarely used! people pick there poison and go with it. I sometimes fall into that trap too, emotion gets the better of me! It's like a 24/7 attack form every side though, so dislike it as I do, I understand a little why people are the way they are in these strange times. 

Speaking of Sanger though, I have no idea if the quotes are hers, or taken out of context etc etc I'm English, not American (Hence why I stay out of American political arguments) so I don't know everything about her and most of the political games and point scoring you guys use against each other. What I did read long ago if I remember correctly? is that she indeed was in favour of Eugenics. That right off the bat flips a switch in my mind, a step too far for me and I have nothing nice to say about a person with that train of thought. My emotions getting the better of me? most definitely! But I can't pretend to understand something that I don't.

The quotes are all hers.

They are not taken out of context at all.

She firmly believed that the best way that we as a nation should go forward is to weed out the weak and worthless... the blacks, the Jews, the inferior races so that society as a whole would be better off.

It isn't that hard to go online and read her own words on the subject.

She was a fucking monster.

And her ideology still lives on as a part of the Democratic party platform.

All easily proven.

Yet STILL people will attempt to support her ideology... they just can't be up front about it.

So they prance around, say "well, we can't just take some of her quotes out of context and say she was a bad person because, well.. abortion is OK with me but I can't rationally justify murdering children so let's just cloud the issue."

I'm still waiting to hear if Sanger=OK with the poster here on the thread that tried to muddy the waters.

~Waiting~

You read what she writes and say she is a monster, she reads what you write and says you are a monster, its all about morals, but whos morals are right.
For example muslims culture states that the killing of any female family member that has been seen as bringing shame on the family (by some sex act real or invented) by the father and sons as a good and right thing, we see it as a horror.
Muslims see us as animals, we see muslims as animals, two different cultures and belief systems and morals trying to live in the same space and time. Who is right who is wrong ?
They are things that do not belong in our morals and culture and yet we practice  eugenics by saying incest is wrong and making it illegal, but islam teaches incest is good.
As always nothing is simple and clear cut, and we use our morals to guide us, but are morals the right thing to guide us ??

Messages In This Thread
RE: Have we talked about, Planned Parenthood? - by Wallfire - 07-07-2020, 10:08 AM
RE: Have we talked about, Planned Parenthood? - by Wallfire - 07-07-2020, 09:33 AM