Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Privilege they erased from History
(07-05-2020, 06:28 PM)DaphneApollo Wrote: @"Schmoe1"

The only 'White Privilege' I've had was watching what used to be a safe white neighborhood I lived in since childhood slowly become 'the hood' and very dangerous.  Jackson, MS

I was broken in on while I was home.  A black man drove into my driveway, braced himself with my door frame and kicked my side door in, ran through my house, I was not dressed to run out the front door, I locked myself in my bathroom and screamed for my family across the street.  They couldn't hear me.  No neighbor helped.  He left and raced off in his car.  Thank God. 

We left and moved 35 minutes outside of that city and hate going to it.  I was broken into twice.  No problems now. 

Yes, white privilege indeed.
Sorry that happened to you, and I'm very glad it wasn't worse.  Talking to older people in my neighborhood, they all say Philly used to be beautiful.  Indeed it was, based on pictures I've seen.  As nice as a city could be I guess.  Nothing beats the country though.  People even used to not even bother with locking their doors at night. 

I currently live in a nicer section of Philly, predominantly middle class Irish.  We look out for each other.  When looting happened not far from here, when one of the "protestors" said they were coming for the suburbs next, we all agreed to keep watch.  I was very happy to know how many had firearms.  They'd be insane to even try it in this neighborhood.
[Image: Green%20Banner.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
The Privilege they erased from History - by DaphneApollo - 07-05-2020, 04:30 PM
RE: The Privilege they erased from History - by DaphneApollo - 07-05-2020, 04:38 PM
RE: The Privilege they erased from History - by DaphneApollo - 07-05-2020, 06:18 PM
RE: The Privilege they erased from History - by DaphneApollo - 07-05-2020, 06:28 PM
RE: The Privilege they erased from History - by Schmoe1 - 07-05-2020, 07:07 PM
RE: The Privilege they erased from History - by DaphneApollo - 07-05-2020, 07:21 PM
RE: The Privilege they erased from History - by DaphneApollo - 07-06-2020, 12:55 AM
RE: The Privilege they erased from History - by DaphneApollo - 07-07-2020, 02:00 PM
RE: The Privilege they erased from History - by DaphneApollo - 07-06-2020, 01:05 AM
RE: The Privilege they erased from History - by DaphneApollo - 07-07-2020, 01:50 PM