Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NFL to Play Black National Anthem, Will the Pandering Ever Stop
(07-04-2020, 01:04 AM)hounddoghowlie Wrote:
Quote:The NFL is looking to make some changes in recognition of racial injustice.

The sports league is planning to play "Lift Every Voice and Sing" — a song often referred to as the Black national anthem — before the "The Star-Spangled Banner" during every game on the opening week of the 2020 season, according to reports by the NFL Network, USA Today and NPR on Thursday, all of which cited a source with knowledge of the discussions.

NFL to Play Black National Anthem Before 'The Star-Spangled Banner' During All Week 1 Games: Report

this is starting to get a little bit more than ridiculous. i mean i can understand being pissed about somethings, and wanting them to stop. but it also takes those that are bitchin to do their part. stop demanding special treatment, stop expecting people to kiss your ass, stop showing your ass, stop blaming everybody else. look for justice when a crime is committed, and not demand being treated differently than everybody else.    

a national anthem is just that a anthem for a nation, not a certain group in that nation. what now, should we play a national anthem for every ethnic group that lives in this country? hell that would take at least a hour or more. who would want to sit through that? ? 

Zactly. Tha fuck is a "Black National Anthem"? Carry that shit off to a black nation. We don't have one here. This is not a Black Nation, a White Nation, a Hispanic nation, an Oriental Nation, or even a Muslim Nation. It's just a Nation. get along together, or get the fuck out of my nation. You want an ethnic nation? Plenty of those in the rest of the world Just pick one that suits you and go.

Quote:now about all these companies, organizations, groups changing their names, doing things to favor black people when in fact they were doing nothing against them in the first place is just a pitiful attempt to pander so the bucks keep rolling in, that's all it's about. if they really felt that something needed to be done they would have done something years ago.    

Fuck 'em. They get no more of my money. No panderers do. When Anheuser Busch decided that illegal aliens were a good thing that they should support, I stopped buying their swill. Have not bought an ounce since that day, and I drink a LOT of beer. Local store shelves are loaded down with that crap because no one is buying it. There's not even any room for real American beer any more, because the Busch folks have loaded down the shelves hoping someone will buy it. We just go elsewhere for our alcohol. Eventually the stores will probably figure that out. The day Anheuser Busch goes bankrupt will be a good day - they aren't "too big to fail", they're "too dumb to live".

Quote:i could go on and on and it probably would sound like i was incoherent racist, so i'm done bitchin now. i just can't understand what's going on and the hypocrisy that is being demonstrated in this country now.

Who care who thinks you or I are "racist"? That term has been so overused and misused at this point that it no longer holds any actual meaning - it's just "blahblahblah" from the peanut gallery. Even they don't know what the hell it means any more. Fuck the bunch of them - just say what you want to say, any way you want to say it - they have no idea how to handle that.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL to Play Black National Anthem, Will the Pandering Ever Stop - by Ninurta - 07-04-2020, 07:37 AM