Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Experts Warn : Hand Sanitizer and Fireworks Don't Mix
I don't believe them. I am going to dump half a bottle of hand sanitizer on my hands and light up some fireworks, maybe hold roman candles shooting them at everyone. 

Here, someone, hold my beer ! 

https://www.livescience.com/hand-sanitiz...works.html

Quote:Handling fireworks shortly after applying hand sanitizer, while the alcohol's residue is still on your hands, could increase the risk of a burn injury, Dr. Dhaval Bhavsar, medical director of the University of Kansas Medical System's Burnett Burn Center, told local news outlet KSHB.

Because of this risk, both Vogel and Bhavsar recommended washing hands with soap and water if handling consumer fireworks.

'cause, you know, I'm an idiot. 

tinylaughing tinylaughing tinylaughing

minusculebeercheers
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
Now then, my thoughts on this....

Not so much the old Purell/GermX type of hand sanitizers, I wouldn't worry too much about that brand.
The ones that have been on the market for a long time, I have never heard of any such thing happening.

However, those making their own, such as Bars and other businesses creating their own version of hand sanitizer, trying to cash in on the shortage when it was selling out, might be a little iffy, depending on how much alcohol is in there vs other ingredients.

Down here in New Orleans, there were many places jumping on the bandwagon when the hoarding first started, many bars and restaurants, and not sure if it was actually approved by any federal agency.

Plus, I imagine there are some people that are none stop using that shit on a daily basis since this whole virus shit started and well, wonder if that would lead to alcohol residue left on their hand that might could possibly catch fire????

Just a thought.....

I do not know how many times doctors have said, just wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds through the day will be fine.

Yet people are nonstop with the  hand sanitizer crap.

I personally do not use that shit, never have.
I'm a soap and water kind of gal.

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

I never liked hand sanitizer, never used it personally. 

To me, it's a crutch and a poor one at that. 

The people I see using hand sanitizer(like it's some sort of miracle cure) are the same people I'd see handle raw poultry and then "wash" their hands by running their hands under water(no soap) for like 3 seconds and then wipe them off on a towel they've had hanging in their kitchen for a week(bacteria rag). 

I always found it humorous, how those that are frequent users of a sanitizer are honestly the worst when it comes to hand washing. It's almost laughable how much of a paradox it is. 

I don't use hand sanitizer, I just wash my hands about 20 times a day, properly, with soup and water.
One of the worst aspects of hand sanitizer, is that some people I know are so "consumed" with the "lifestyle"/cult of hand sanitizer that they almost never wash their hands, but every 10 minutes are drowning their mitts in that crap like they are some sort of paragon of cleanliness. 

It drives me nuts.
(07-03-2020, 03:35 AM)kdog Wrote: Here, someone, hold my beer ! 

I find it personally reprehensible that you would appropriate a phrase and then improperly apply it to a situation that no redneck would ever find himself in.

Rednecks understand that alcohol is an internal, not an external, antiseptic. Putting alcohol on the outside of one's hands, even by accident, is a major crime and a sin against alcohol itself. tinybiggrin 

tinytongue 

TheRedneck
(07-03-2020, 08:27 AM)TheRedneck Wrote:

I find it personally reprehensible that you would appropriate a phrase and then improperly apply it to a situation that no redneck would ever find himself in.

Rednecks understand that alcohol is an internal, not an external, antiseptic. Putting alcohol on the outside of one's hands, even by accident, is a major crime and a sin against alcohol itself. tinybiggrin 

tinytongue 

TheRedneck

Here its known as alcohol abuse  minusculebeercheers
(07-03-2020, 08:27 AM)TheRedneck Wrote:

tinytongue 

TheRedneck

You got that right. LOL !How many tears I had shed over spilling a beer. 

minusculebeercheers
Probably aimed at the same dumbasses for which they put a warning tag on hair blowers "WARNING: DO NOT USE IN SHOWER"...

tinylaughing
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
(07-04-2020, 12:01 AM)Sol Wrote: Probably aimed at the same dumbasses for which they put a warning tag on hair blowers "WARNING: DO NOT USE IN SHOWER"...

tinylaughing

That one is tame... on a fan belt, there is the warning: "WARNING! Stop engine before installing belt!"

And you just know somewhere, sometime, someone tried it...

TheRedneck
(07-04-2020, 01:47 AM)TheRedneck Wrote:
(07-04-2020, 12:01 AM)Sol Wrote: Probably aimed at the same dumbasses for which they put a warning tag on hair blowers "WARNING: DO NOT USE IN SHOWER"...

tinylaughing

That one is tame... on a fan belt, there is the warning: "WARNING! Stop engine before installing belt!"

And you just know somewhere, sometime, someone tried it...

TheRedneck

Old saying from all my elevator guys I work with...

" Don't stick your fingers somewhere you wouldn't stick your dick" 

Applies to women also...

minusculebeercheers
(07-03-2020, 03:35 AM)kdog Wrote: I don't believe them. I am going to dump half a bottle of hand sanitizer on my hands and light up some fireworks, maybe hold roman candles shooting them at everyone. 

Here, someone, hold my beer ! 

Now this is a terrific idea: 4th of July Napalm! Celebrate freedom and virus protection all at the same time. Let 'er Rip Patriot !!!