Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mood Music
The hillbilly version, because it's Friday Eve - 

“The nature of psychological compulsion is such that those who act under constraint remain under the impression that they are acting on their own initiative. The victim of mind-manipulation does not know that he is a victim. To him the walls of his prison are invisible, and he believes himself to be free. That he is not free is apparent only to other people.”

-Aldous Huxley

-- Got mask? Just sayin'...

minusculebeercheers 

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9057]

I was born with a Thorn in my Soul, sometimes it hurts.

Nature gave us one tongue and two ears so we could hear twice as much as we speak.

- Epictetus

Out of nowhere....

heart 

“The nature of psychological compulsion is such that those who act under constraint remain under the impression that they are acting on their own initiative. The victim of mind-manipulation does not know that he is a victim. To him the walls of his prison are invisible, and he believes himself to be free. That he is not free is apparent only to other people.”

-Aldous Huxley

Brand new FFDP

"There is nothing new under the sun" - Eccesiastes

"What goes around comes around" - Some old dude who had seen a lot more of life than me when I was but a teenager.

Nena sent me off to war again after I had done sworn off of it due to a narrow escape with this song. I reckon some folks just can't even scrub that shit out of their blood with bleach. It was a scary world then, just as it is now, but I wanted to find a way to end the scariest parts without having to blow everything up as the song suggests... so off I went. thanks to Reagan, we got 'er done, and the world was relatively quiet for a while. A very little while.

But then new dangers raised their ugly heads to fill the void left by the demise of the Soviets...

... and here we go again! It's someone else's turn this time. i'm too long in the tooth for that shit now. And we don't have Teagan this time around. We've got BidenHarrisCarter again. God help us!

Or, if one prefers the original German:

And, for those kids these days that ain't being taught proper history in school any more, and instead are being taught that my generation is at fault, that we started all this shit:

The more things change, the more they stay the same. There is always some son of a bitch standing in the wings and just waiting to jump into a vacuum left by the last son of a bitch so he can take his own turn at fucking everything up.

-Aldous Huxley

More evidence that the more things change, the more they stay the same, this time evidence from the newsroom floor.. there is near 40 years between these two videos regarding "news" services, a sizable chunk of my life time, and nothing has really changed. I believe @BIAD can verify that, from the ground up.

-Aldous Huxley

[Image: tenor.gif]

This is a little fucked up. I recall this song from when i was a child. When the carnival came to town, it was the song played on the merry go round. It was also the theme for at least some of the Three Stooges shows, and some cartoons. All kids fare... but the song is about a mockingbird singing above the grave of the singer's true love. Yeah. A little fucked up to turn it into a kid's song.

This is to commemorate some shit that is coming down the pike. If they don't back the hell off, we won't either. So.

Yeah. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

-Aldous Huxley