Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Wings In The Night
I'm bringing over some of my posts from ATS I made years ago, just to save the post without having to download the entire thread.
This is one of those stories. I hope you enjoy it.

I have a true story to share with you, but before you reply, I would appreciate it if you would read the source text I have provided on page two.
I didn't have a camera at age 10 to take pictures or record the sound of this thing; all I have is my word that this is true.
Take it, or leave it; It Happened!

My Story:

There was a creature that used to run past my window when I was around the age of 10 years old. My bedroom was on one end of the house and my parents bedroom was on the other end, with my sister's room in the middle.

During the winter of 1967 (?) a creature of some type would start running at the other end of the house (at my parents bedroom), and run past the three bedrooms.
When it reached my window it sounded like it took flight with very large wings. I could hear them flapping as it went airborne.
As it ran it sounded like horse hooves, but only with two legs, which was very loud!
I never could figure out why my parents and sister were never awakened by it. Later on during my research I discovered that ETs, (or the military) have a frequency they can use to keep people asleep.)

The sound it made when it screamed (if this was it) was unlike anything the old-timers in the area had ever heard! They had heard panthers, bobcats, etc. all their lives, and they said this was not a cat or anything they had ever heard! To me it sounded exactly like a pteranodon! (Like the sound the movies give it.)

[Image: da5166aae1.jpg]

I never did look out my window to see what it was; I was too frightened! I also felt like it knew I was there... and it was there because of me.

The adults in the area were afraid to go outside at night, and my parents wouldn't allow me to play outside during the day. They, too, had heard the screams in the woods.

Also, another interesting fact: My neighbor had a pig sliced open on it's belly during this time with only the liver missing! He said the cut was smooth, like it could have been a very sharp knife. ( Probably the creature's razor-sharp claws! )

The "visitations" happened every night for several weeks or more.
One night when there was snow on the ground, I got lucky and saw where it had left footprints in the snow. They were shaped like a bird, sort of; about a foot long or more, with three long appendages in front and one going out in the back. I showed the footprints to my sister and she was flabbergasted!
I don't remember sharing that information with my parents.... they already thought I was nuts anyway! Ha!

Now, I have come across this information where others have described a similar creature, and I have to wonder...

(cont'd on pg. 2)

Messages In This Thread
Wings In The Night - by Mystic Wanderer - 06-22-2020, 03:11 PM
RE: Wings In The Night - by Mystic Wanderer - 06-22-2020, 03:12 PM
RE: Wings In The Night - by Moonmagic - 06-22-2020, 04:09 PM
RE: Wings In The Night - by guohua - 06-23-2020, 12:41 AM