Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chronicles from the Future: The Amazing Story of Paul Amadeus Dienach
(06-02-2016, 01:35 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: @Ninurta

Quote:It's been the bottom line of communism ever since the days of Comrade Marx - "from each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs" - with entire disregard for the wishes of "each".

Nope, that's not how this works. If you don't want to use your abilities, you can just lie on the couch all week doing nothing.  LOL

You're right - that's NOT how this works, because it doesn't work at all. What happens when a critical mass of folks find out they can lay on the couch and do nothing? Who does the doing THEN?

Quote:And money is taken out of the equation.  No need for money if you do your 3 hours of labor per week.
Money is the root of all evil. It is what drives mankind to do the evil deeds he does.  Without it, we can live peacefully together.  If one does not like living peacefully, I suppose he would be kicked out of the community.

It's been said that "money is the root of all evil", but the actual quote is "the love of money is the root of all evil" - one has to dig deeper than mere money. Greed and concupiscence are the roots of all evil - money is merely a symbol of them, and can be replaced by diamonds, deer skins, or tree bark - whatever folks agree to place a value on - with the same effect. Greedy folks gonna be greedy, whatever the medium of exchange.

So you do your 3 hours a week - what then? Who keeps track of it and makes sure you put your 3 hours a week in? Someone has to, or no one is going to. An instant "Overseer" class is created in this "classless 'cause everyone is equal" society, to keep the proletariat in line and working. What is the medium of exchange then? There has to be one, or no one can keep track of who is contributing, and the next thing you know no one is - they're all laying on the couch waiting on lunch, or gone fishing with rubber hooks to keep the little fishies safe because "animal slavery" is no longer allowed - only human slavery is allowed.

How do they kick one out of the community if no one is keeping track of the miscreants? Don't get me wrong - I'm fine with the notion as long as I can leave the community and the community doesn't come after me to force me back into the herd... but that ain't gonna happen. Never has in these scenarios, never will - not when they are actually implemented in the Real World.
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chronicles from the Future: The Amazing Story of Paul Amadeus Dienach - by Ninurta - 06-02-2016, 02:08 AM